OMD-EM5 - I'm having second thoughts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simply awesome!!!

1-P8100102-PST.jpg

1-P8100261-PST.jpg

P8100146.jpg

1-P8080015-PST.jpg

1-P8080020.jpg

My only complaint about the camera is that the battery would only last around 300 shots (without using the internal flash and using the electronic sync cable. If using the flash on 1/64 power and the optical cable, the number of shots would go down to around 250 shots) which means I have to change the battery after two dives. This may seem no big deal but I sometimes go diving on a day boat for 3 dives and I don't want to open the housing (Nauticam) on the boat in the middle of the ocean. Everything else is great about it.

Wow what great shots! Which camera/lens/housing/port/strobes? I like your exposure with the black background, I assume you use something like f11 manual?

edit: I see you already answered the housing question: Nauticam.
F stop has nothing to do with a black background. A high SS is what gives you a dark background....

1/320s (I use the electronic sync cord so I can go up that high).

---------- Post added August 30th, 2013 at 01:44 AM ----------

Lens: 12-50mm and 60mm. I don't have the F stop handy now but F8 - F16 I think.

---------- Post added August 30th, 2013 at 01:45 AM ----------

Our water is very turbid.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom