Omega Aquatics Feedback

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am looking at BC's and came across Omega Aquatics. I am looking at the Evolution and the Zone II. I am looking for some feedback and reviews on these products.

Thanks
Nate

I have the Zone II. It is a great BC. Before I got it, I looked at Zeagle and ScubaPro to see what was considered high end and then saw that the Zone II had most of those features, but a significantly reduced price. This is important to anyone on a budget. After I got the BC, I called the designer, who now works for Omega and he was happy to talk to me and give me whatever advice he could

How long have you had the Zone II? I was just wondering how it holds up.

I have had it for about 2 years. I did a fair amount of diving for the first year (30 dives) and not too much this past year, but I hope to be doing more diving shortly. BC looks like new. No wear spots. I checked it out before I typed this.

My biggest gripe about the bc is that there are no pockets, except for the pockets used for weights, but then I figured out that it comes with a separate pocket and clips to the bc and straps to my thigh. Holds my lights and anything else I need.

By the way, I think it has the best dump able weight system going. If you have to drop the weights, you only lose the weights and there is nothing to put back together. No fancy weight containers like most bcs and no restringing like the Zeagle.

Great BCDs at currently closeout prices!! we have them running realy cheap at the shop, just havent had a chance to throw them online yet.....I can get you a Private label zone 2 for $275 shipped to your door.....possibly even a little less....and still have FULL warranty!!

Not trying to steal your thread, but we have had alot of happy customers and Omega has top notch customer service to match! They really are extremely durable and well made

Going through the same thing! I used to dive Zeagle, but the instructor I work with became an Omega dealer so I got the BC's. They have changed the design slightly since we saw them at Beneath the Sea. They replaced the belt they were using with a lighter-weight belt. We ended up modifying them with the substitution of a police/military grade duty belt (available online). I have both, and am fitting the Zone with a back plate. Both are very comfortable. As for pockets, Omega makes a pocket that fits on the thigh and connects to the BC with a quick release buckle. I love it! If you have any questions, contact Gary at East Coast Diver LLC Home and he can explain the modifications we have made. They seemlike really great BC's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom