OMG / Castoro C96 Parts. SIEL won't assist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Okay so here is some pics of the buckles that I can't seem to find a match for. The brand is ITW Nexus, they still exist and are a large supplier.

The modern WSR-40, the webbing hole seems to be about similar size but the buckle is different than the (presumably really style) one on the C96. The other unbranded buckle which might be from DGX is close, but still no go. I think I had two others that also didn't fit.

Their modern product guide is here https://global.itwnexus.com/webfm_send/25 and I guess I could try some other options. WSR-40 is 40mm, 1.57 inches. The general shape was improved over the years and the arms don't seem to fit into the others.

For the "waist" one I think I found a set of buckles that fit it and will post what they are for others (and so I can find it in the future.)

I was hoping to find a few of the female buckles so I could make adapters to make something different than the tactical bcd thing for it.

When I get a chance I will post on that facebook group mentioned as well.

c96-1.jpg
c96-2.jpg
c96-3.jpg
c96-4.jpg
c96-5.jpg
c96-6.jpg

Hi
Regarding the buckle, you would have better chance going through camping equipment or similar. Indeed, there is nothing special there.
I also dive a C96 but the first version, the one with the small metal canister which is now sold by SanoSub like Alberto said.
You have the C96 Pro with a larger canister.
I dive my unit regularly and you don't really need the special harness. Just put a strap at the top to have it around your neck.
Regarding the injection, I also removed the original one and just put a normal reg with a MAV. More than enough for us civilian :) :)
Here are some bad pic :(

Attachments

• c96 2.jpg
    c96 2.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 49
  • c96 1.jpg
    c96 1.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 46
  • c96 3.jpg
    c96 3.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 46
Thank you for your response. You might find the following link of interest.

I have a friend who is the Agent for Aqualung in a country in the Middle East I will ask him what their policy is towards private buyers, it will not be cheap.
Furthermore I will contact Sanosub and see what they have to say, I am also investigating the RB1 Rebreather.

Thank you, stay safe.

Thank you for your response. You might find the following link of interest.

I have a friend who is the Agent for Aqualung in a country in the Middle East I will ask him what their policy is towards private buyers, it will not be cheap.
Furthermore I will contact Sanosub and see what they have to say, I am also investigating the RB1 Rebreather.

Thank you, stay safe.
The link is an old catalog.
The CODE has been replaced by the MODE (in 2 versions) if I am correct.
Any unit to get is good anyway.
Private buyers are normally a no-go but if you know someone ... :) :) :)
If you want a "civilian"Oxy rb, go for the Salamandre :)

The link is an old catalog.
The CODE has been replaced by the MODE (in 2 versions) if I am correct.
Any unit to get is good anyway.
Private buyers are normally a no-go but if you know someone ... :) :) :)
If you want a "civilian"Oxy rb, go for the Salamandre :)
Thank you for your response. The Salamander looks quite neat although front mounted, what is the price?
This was why I liked the back mounting arrangement of the Compact Oxy but those are no longer manufactured.

Thank you for your response. The Salamander looks quite neat although front mounted, what is the price?
This was why I liked the back mounting arrangement of the Compact Oxy but those are no longer manufactured.
The Salamander is around 300 euros I think. Not cheap.
Sorry but I don't get the "Compact Oxy".
Thanks

The Salamander is around 300 euros I think. Not cheap.
Sorry but I don't get the "Compact Oxy".
Thanks
300 or 3000?. The Compact Oy was a pure oygen rebreather manufactured a few years ago for Special Forces. It was a back mounted unit with an operational time of about 90minutes. Please see the two pics below.

Attachments

• 20181108_113202.jpg
    20181108_113202.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 49
  • 20181108_113220.jpg
    20181108_113220.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 56
300 or 3000?. The Compact Oy was a pure oygen rebreather manufactured a few years ago for Special Forces. It was a back mounted unit with an operational time of about 90minutes. Please see the two pics below.
oops 3000 :) :)
at 300, I would have bought a few :)
Thanks for the pic.
Quite a few military units of front and BM versions with some which can be used in both config.
But, strangely, for me, oxy reb means front mounted :) :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom