on the sea&sea mx-10 does the film advance window

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SHARKBAIT94

Reaction score
Ok here is my question for the sea&sea mx-10 does the film advance window ever change color or show a number or something. Right now it just shows sliver, black and orange stripes. I never notice this before, so before I go and bring it to a camera shop and ask a stupid question in person I thought I’ll ask on the forum and just sound stupid. I just got the camera (used) and have not gotten the chance to use it. Everything seems to be working in order both strobes on board and external flash and the film advances and everything else like normal but as I was reading the manual it doesn’t say what it should do and have zip, zero, zilch, nada experience with this brand of camera I just need a little help or info.

SHARKBAIT94:
Ok here is my question for the sea&sea mx-10 does the film advance window ever change color or show a number or something. Right now it just shows sliver, black and orange stripes. I never notice this before, so before I go and bring it to a camera shop and ask a stupid question in person I thought I’ll ask on the forum and just sound stupid. I just got the camera (used) and have not gotten the chance to use it. Everything seems to be working in order both strobes on board and external flash and the film advances and everything else like normal but as I was reading the manual it doesn’t say what it should do and have zip, zero, zilch, nada experience with this brand of camera I just need a little help or info.

The stripes will wiggle as the film advances...I have always assumed that is there because it is easier to see underwater that the film is advancing

Thats what it does. thank you

MX-10 has a tendency to be onery when loading film. Make sure you watch the film advance window to ensure it wiggles before you go on your dive. Otherwise, you might end up with 36 practice shots and no photos.

Also, be sure the film direction level is set to "W" for wind and not "R" for rewind. It's "supposed to" automatically switch back to "W" when you load film, but double check every time anyway.

diveski01:
MX-10 has a tendency to be onery when loading film. Make sure you watch the film advance window to ensure it wiggles before you go on your dive. Otherwise, you might end up with 36 practice shots and no photos.

Also, be sure the film direction level is set to "W" for wind and not "R" for rewind. It's "supposed to" automatically switch back to "W" when you load film, but double check every time anyway.

I have the MX-10's grandpa.... The MMI

And it doesnt count either. But i think there may be something wrong with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom