On the wrist or in a console ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dove with the Vyper on my right wrist and my Stinger on my left wrist (I use it as a backup and usually keep it under my glove to help protect it) and the setup worked great. I loved being able to look at my computer easily as I ascended the anchor line and with the way my SPG is now set I could just glance down to look at it. A much improved setup over the console. I am diving this same setup from now on and will really give it a workout on our upcoming Dry Tortugas trip aboard the Ultimate Getaway. I would definitely suggest this over a combined computer/SPG console for anyone else.

metridium wrote...
I checked those out, but my wrist boots are dissimilar. They're one-piece soft rubber units (no pins, etc)....I suspect they might tear under the pressures of the bungees if I went that route.
Because my suspicions were wrong. As I mentioned elsewhere, I converted the computer wrist mounts to bungee with no problems.

I can't believe I didn't do this earlier. The new straps aren't the prettiest things out there, but they certainly seem to be the most convenient by far. I'm surprised no one's marketing compasses and wrist computers with bungee bands...guess they might not be pretty enough for the newbie masses.

It's their loss.

Thanks for the advice, guys. I finally listened.

I should have done this years ago.

Back
Top Bottom