One complaint about my Dive X Sierra

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Potapko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It doesn't go slow enough!! :D

But seriously, in our dark deep lakes over here 1st gear is too fast. Yesterday I loaned my old Mako to a friend to try out before buying and with the Sierra in 1st gear he had to have the prop pitch set on 6 to keep up. I know you can also adjust the prop on the Sierra but have you done that? :shocked2:

Love the new toy!! Couldn't say no to the 1/2 price deal I found for a new one on Amazon.

I know you can also adjust the prop on the Sierra but have you done that?
Yeah, that's kind of the point of the pitch knob =p It was designed to be tunable for divers in a wide variety of gear configurations with different thrust needs. Diver in a drysuit with doubles and multiple stages needs more thrust than a wetsuit diver in a single (generally speaking). Those smart fellers over at Dive-X thought of everything!

Change the pitch setting to allow less thrust (IE: turn the pitch knob counterclockwise) and you'll find that you can slow the scooter down as much as you want. It can even be set to neutral to prevent it from creating any thrust in the water. Set it too high and you'll trigger the over draw cut out.

There's a guide here.

-B

Thanks Brandon,
I know how to do that. That was supposed to be the point of the funny smiley. When you turn back the pitch, the motor gets very loud.

I suppose I'll just have to move to clearer water :)

Back
Top Bottom