One-day dive near Singapore?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chris_D

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'll be visiting Singapore on business in mid-May, arriving on a Sunday night with meetings on Tuesday morning.

Is it feasible to squeeze in a couple of dives on Monday in Bintan or another location? I will be arriving from Hong Kong, so jet lag is not an issue.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

You'll have a hard time finding trips on weekdays. Most of the dive operations only have trips for the weekends and the local diving is not too fantastic. Best diving closest to Singapore would be in Malaysia, followed by Batam and Bintan.

You'll have a hard time finding trips on weekdays. Most of the dive operations only have trips for the weekends and the local diving is not too fantastic. Best diving closest to Singapore would be in Malaysia, followed by Batam and Bintan.
Thanks Snikrs.

Is there any diving in Malaysia (or Batam) that would be do-able as a day trip from Singapore?

Most of the usual Malaysia dive spots are probably not doable if you have to go and return within the same day. We do have local diving at Pulau Hantu but I'm not aware of operators doing Hantu on weekdays. I've never tried diving Batam so can't speak to that.

Your best bet would probably be Bintan, you can probably catch the ferry in the morning at Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal, get in a couple of dives and catch the evening ferry back.

Back
Top Bottom