One more confined session.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ahnuts72

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
One more pool dive then its off to open water at Panama City.
Can't believe the difference since my first session mask clears
so much easier,changing from primary to alternate,mask removal
and replace,buoyancy getting better.
Only need to work on my fin work a little bit.
Can't say enough about my instructor John from Round Island Divers
never pushy or trying to rush anything if you don't get it we work on it till we do.

Only prob now is every time I drive by anything bigger than a puddle
I wanna dive in it.
Once everything kinda clicked I was hooked no doubt about it.

Last edited:
Yes, my limited experience with John was the same. Seemed to be a very through instructor. Say hello for me--tell him I'm the guy last winter from Canada. Now, forget that Panama City thing after you finish OW and start to dive the exotic Miss. shore sites of Biloxi: Cadet Point (check out the rebar from old bridge at 10'--sink in the mud walking back), Back Bay of Biloxi (Oooooo) and of course good old Mississippi Sound (yikees......). Or, try the incredible depths of Dauphin Island, AL or the exciting mud of Mobile Bay (this is a walking dive only--no mask or fins required).

Yeah I don't think you could ask for any better shore diving from Texas to Florida. ;-o

The fin work comes with repetition. I spent a lot of time in a pool with mask fins snorkel and a weight belt. Before I ever had my pool session. I had already mastered the frog kick on my second pool day.

Have fun with your ow dives..wait till you see what it looks like under there

Also ahnuts please check out emerald coast scuba out of destin. They have a great staff. I just finished my rescue class there this past weekend.

I can do that shore dives are in destin now instead of panama city boat dive still in panama city

Certified :vintagediver:YAY!!!! Was great a little prob getting down the first 15-20 feet or so just didnt wanna sink tried swimming down but found out i cant equalize head first but once past that no prob getting the rest of the way down was great about 35-40 foot vis. Shore dives destin jettie (walk of death:coolingoff::baby:) boat dive panama bridge span #5 Gonna tag along with the next class in weekend after next get as many dives in as i can before i take aow next spring

Back
Top Bottom