One more Maui Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atlas1977

Registered
Reaction score
Alright I could use some quick help. It would be more convenient for me to dive with Extended Horizons on 9/15 but have gotten recommendations to dive with Lahaina Divers which only goes to Lanai on the 16th. Lahaina is cheaper and you get a computer which will extend my bottom time, so my question is does anyone have good things to say about Extended horizons, because I have had quite a few people vouch for Lahina Divers.

Thank you in advance, everyone on this board has always been very helpful.

Extended Horizons is the far better operator. Their boat is a 12 passenger boat, split up into two groups of 6. They provide computers on their rental gear.

Lahaina Divers can have as many as 24 divers on the boat.
The last time I used them, Lahaina Divers was supplying AL72 tanks, not the standard AL80.

I went out with Extended Horizons over to Lanai twice earlier this month, and while the boat and crew were fine, I really didn't like the way one of the DMs was literally throwing full tanks up onto the boat deck in the parking lot. Certainly not the way I was taught to handle tanks.

We dove with Lahaina Divers to Lanai earlier this month (3x) and one time the boat had 13 divers, once we had 18 divers, and the third time we had 16. We find that the boats are so large that we've never felt crowded even the one time we had a charter with 22 divers on board. They break you up into groups of 6-8 per DM. We really like the guys working on their boats, and have always had excellent, personalized service from them.

Yes, they only have AL72's, and because of their limited SI (usually 50 min), they want to limit your bottom time anyway. We dove with computers and we were allowed to dive our tanks down to 500psi, which usually translated to about a 45 min. dive. However, we had 2 hoovers on one of our charters, and they switched the guys to 100's for their 2nd dive, so that was cool.

I don't know how Extended Horizon's does things.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom