One picture light other dark with same settings?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike7

Reaction score
I have a Sony cybershot P73.

I took some picture's with,

mode M
iso 400
speed 40
fstop 2.8
flash off

and they came out fine then I change between Auto and movie modes but when I go back to manual my pictures are really dark and I need to change the shutter speed to 8 so I can see the photos.

I dont understand why its changing when they are the same settings, does this slate whiteblance trick have anything to do with it? to get the light back or something.

I'm only testing in a swimming pool btw.

Why in the world would you force off the flash? You need all the light you can get UW, especially white light. The white slate trick will not work with the Sonys because I do not believe they will remember (keep) the white balance. I have tried no flash shots with the Sony time and time again and have never been happy with the results.

My advice use the flash and get close and backscatter be damned.

You can go through my web page for many examples of Sony pictures in New England, all using the internal flash.

Cecil:
Why in the world would you force off the flash? You need all the light you can get UW, especially white light. The white slate trick will not work with the Sonys because I do not believe they will remember (keep) the white balance. I have tried no flash shots with the Sony time and time again and have never been happy with the results.

My advice use the flash and get close and backscatter be damned.

You can go through my web page for many examples of Sony pictures in New England, all using the internal flash.

Because I'm using the camera in a swimming pool so theres no need to use the flash. The camera doesnt have a full manaul whiteblance but I thought it might have something to do with it as setting it up on land first gives me more choice of shutter speeds.

I will check your pictures out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom