One strap mod for the STA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munitor

Contributor
Reaction score
Just a suggestion, but I modified my single tank adapter by putting a set of strap slots between the existing upper and lower slots. I dive single 80s and have had problems with boats that use the tank mounts that cradle the tank and are built assuming only one tank strap (e.g. Buddy Dive in Bonaire). This seems to work great and I've just used it every day for two weeks here in Bonaire with no problems. It is a little less secure in shore situations where you might get banged by the surge, but otherwise seems perfectly useful, a little lighter and faster to rig, plus fits those tank holders.

Any way, it seems like it would be trivial for Dive Rite to punch those extra slots and give divers the choice of one strap, two straps or even three (for ancilliary attachments).

Hey Munitor,

Thanks very much for posting. I like your idea and am glad it is working out for you. I always pass ideas to our R&D guys as well as sharing in our weekly staff meetings.

Will let you know what happens!

Best,
Kathleen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom