Ongoing Curacao trip report.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pinepig, thanks for responding. my issue with it was just I wasn't told about it till I read it here on Scuba board.
I'll get over it and will some day go back. right now i am planning on just going back to bonaire for 10th plus time. really did like the setup at AllWest, fit us well. again thanks for photos!!!

No problem, I have some more pics to put up yet but my cinnamon/brown sugar beer bread is out of the oven in about ten minutes and I'm going to run it over to Sunshine as my gift to her for the island notes she gave us when we got here ( handy things they were ).

Today is our last full day and the diving is done.

We got a warm loaf of Pinepig's Beer bread and you didn't. Oops, did I say that out loud?
We have the best of guests here in Westpunt! Glad you enjoyed our little corner of the world <3 and hope to sea you again!

Glad you liked the bread Sunshine.

Well today was our last diving day, went out and got one more in, wanted to see the garden eels in the sand at the bottom of the first reef in front of all west, it puts you just a hair under 90 feet.

IMG_2297.jpg

Had a few minutes extra to look around a bit and it looked like it might be a double reef in the distance but instead there is another drop off right at recreational limits.

IMG_2301.jpg

So we went ahead and took our time working our way back up hill to give the reef a good looking over one last time.

Saw this little guy at about 70,

IMG_2302.jpg

Didn't see much more than we haven't seen the whole trip so I made it point to get some pics of some of the tougher stuff to get clean pics of in the shallows. I'd seen this crab in the anemone a few times but never had the surge blow the arms just right and got lucky here,

IMG_2306.jpg

IMG_2307.jpg

Wanderd by this guy in about 15 feet on the way back in to see if the Octopus was out in the shallows just left of all west.

IMG_2309.jpg

Alas he was tucked in for the day,

IMG_2312.jpg

Tried like hell to get a better pic of that microscopic juvi spotted drum and took about 30 pics and not one was in focus. hmmm I'm going to have to figure out how to do it properly with my point and shoot, pisses me off I can find them get close and can't get a decent pic.

This little guy was flirting around in the shallows,

IMG_2330.jpg

And that was it, I'll have to download my logs off the computer and figure out which dive was my 200th.

Had a great trip, everybody is very nice on the island, it's easy to get around and dive, food is reasonably priced and the scenery is VERY nice for a rock in the Caribbean.

I hope you enjoyed the pics, packing tomorrow morning for out flight out in the afternoon.

Man am I looking forward to a night of sleep in my bed at home ( I'm a waterbed throwback child ).

A thousand thanks for the photos and report! I've been checking in daily and am more excited than ever for my trip to CUR/BON in October... October is a WAYS away, though...

BTW, where are you staying? Looking to book a place for a trip there next month.

BTW, where are you staying? Looking to book a place for a trip there next month.

Right now I'm sitting at the airport in Newark ( ewwww, no offense to you New York folks but it's buttcrack hot here right now ), waiting for our flight back to California . We stayed at Allwest Apartments. Completely serviceable place, tanks and cars. Louis had some problems with his wifi last week but it was squared away by the time we left.

These pic's are absolutely fantastic!!!! We are looking at Curacao for our November trip. Can you give me any insight? Suggestions on where to stay etc. We did Bonaire a few years ago, loved it, loved the diving, didn't really love the accomadations.

gmayfield
guessing it would be easier for advice if we knew what it was you didn't like in your Bonairian accommodations and or what you want or like in accommodations.
Stayed at ALLWEST like Pinepig and we enjoyed it very much. Its an apartment style accommodation not a resort. if you are looking for amenities such as as a pool or restaurant this is NOT it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom