Online dive log

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lutes32

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
what are some recommendations for good apps or website logbooks? I can already see that early in my diving that it will be handy if I have any chance of keeping a somewhat current record. Lots out there, what do you use and why?

Thanks

I use the Padi app/Scubaearth along with keeping a paper record.

Not sure if you really need this to be "online", but since you asked for apps - if you have a Mac, MacDIve is awesome, and syncs through a cloud-based system to a smartphone.

Personally I use Subsurface.

Easy to use and quite intuitive. Quite easy to dive sites (using maps and or GPS), easy to log equipment (once you enter a piece of kit or tank size it is very easy to replicate it on further dives with an abbreviated entry picking it up) and very easy to look at your dives and analyse them with more information than most people would ever need available.

Another Subsurface user here. As Neilwood said, easy to use. Gives you loads of information. Downloads from your DC or you can manually enter. Will import from other dive logs. Lots of other features. I love it.

Oh, and it has a mobile app, too. And it's free.

I have used MacDive for a number of years. It allows syncing between my iPhone and laptop. If you own a Shearwater, they have the Shearwater Cloud that they are running in Beta release. You may see the adds here on ScubaBoard. I believe the AquaLung DiverLog application also has some sort of storage (DiveCloud Storage).

I believe most of the latest dive log applications have some sort of online capability.

Try Subsurface.
Free, easy, PC, Smartphone, cloudsync.

I tried the PADI Scubaearth log. I hate to say it but it's horrible whrn you compare it to Subsurface.
I have a Perdix AI and I even prefer Subsurface over the the Shearwater software and smartphone app, which are not actually all that bad. When Shearwater finally has cloudsync between pc and smartphone it might be as good as Subsurface. Hopefully soon.

Another Subsurface fan here. And it includes free Cloud storage for your log. And automatic syncing between all your devices.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom