Online parts suppliers? (Need to replace SMB inflator valve)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WetInPortland

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The manual / BC hose inflator on my SMB broke off at the base (where it was glued in). LDS wants $40 USD to repair, and didn't seem very interested in selling me the parts, which look to be less that $10 USD. I may try another LDS in a larger city, but in the mean time, is there somewhere online that offers small parts like these?

The manual / BC hose inflator on my SMB broke off at the base (where it was glued in). LDS wants $40 USD to repair, and didn't seem very interested in selling me the parts, which look to be less that $10 USD. I may try another LDS in a larger city, but in the mean time, is there somewhere online that offers small parts like these?
Check with John at Northeast Scuba Supply

and the cost of a new SMB is???????

and the cost of a new SMB is???????

Cheap ones are about $40; a direct replacement would be about $60 at the LDS, which is why I declined to have them repair it. If I can attempt to repair it myself for <$15 in parts, it will at least be a good learning experience.

This?

Inflator Tube for SMB

(Edited...Didn't see it was not it US)

Exactly the right part (actually I need both), which is still helpful - thank you!! Now all I need to do is find a US supplier...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom