Online Scuba Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A lot of the online material is in the form of videos, so that works great even for the dyslexics and just-not-a-reader types. It's also easier to shape to your schedule, saves the time and expense of communting to the teaching site and allows a lot of immediate review and quizzing without boring those not being quizzed or embassing those who are being quizzed. Of course you do miss the social side of your class, but you still have pool and OW for meeting new friends.

Read before, during and after if you are a reader and would enjoy it, but the online training works great too.

It's been more than 6 months since I did my SDI OW and Nitrox classes and I still go back and review the online portions every now and then. I'd actually like to have the books for easier reference. For that specific reason, I chose not to do the online learning for my Advanced course this summer.

My sons and grandsons did their Nitrox and Advanced courses online with NAUI. All of their course work was online, of course; however, they also received the book (as well as 32% and 36% dive tables, SAC calculator, etc.). Their instructor was also notified when they took their tests with not only their test scores but also what questions they missed. He was then able to follow up and discuss any items for which they might have had questions. They still have access to the online portion of these courses.

I guess that I just assumed that the books were included with any course. I think it is with PADI as well as NAUI, but I do not know.

I am very supportive of the NAUI eLearning and possibly any other agency that includes the books etc. along with the course.

With PADI you don't get a hard copy of the books. But, at least for sure with the newer padi touch, you get to download all of the materials and the rdp calculator for offline use. I keep a copy on the SD card in my phone. Screenshot_20170508-131822.png

When I did it with NAUI, the online was a supplement to the classroom material. Both were useful, and NAUI didn't charge extra for access to the online materials so I figured why not. I absorbed information from both sources (online and classroom) and so I think I learned more as a result.

I like the ease of access to online materials no matter where I am located however I have to admit to being a bit old school on some things and one of those is books. I love them and enjoy having quick access to them in my library to make notes, highlight parts, etc. So for me I would like to see a combo of both as that is how I learn the best.

I do know that all of RAIDs learning materials are strictly "online only"

Back
Top Bottom