Online Side Mount Reading/Video Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaWithTurk

Bubble Blowing Buddha
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am currently taking my side mount course and want to expand my knowledge of systems, skills and theories. Are there any sites you would recommend me to look at for quality reading or videos to watch? I want to be sure I am not getting bad information as I know there are a ton of sites for side mount out there but I do not know what I don't know and want to eliminate any wasted time and the potential for bad or harmful information.

I should state I have been reading every article from @DevonDiver on his site so no need to suggest that one

Oh and just to be clear, the reason I am taking a side mount course is because of where I see my diving going and have been told numerous times on here to begin to train with the gear you want to end up in based on the diving you will be doing.

I look forward to devouring as much information as I can from all of you and your suggested sites.

My go to reference is by Alexander Hartmann called sidemount guide, also Rob Neto's book "the almost comprehensive guide". Online there are lots of good youtube videos and bad as well. And, yes, Andy articles are excellent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom