Oops, left my computer at home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any recommendations for where to rent or just buy a new one?
Several years ago when my computer died on Cozumel I was able to rent one from Aldora even though I was diving with another op. Thanks, again, Aldora!

Any recommendations for where to rent or just buy a new one?
Have you asked your dive Op? Many rent them.

Rent one.
But make sure you are using the same one on every dive. Best is to keep the computer yourself during the diving day(s).

Have you asked your dive Op? Many rent them.
I just did and they do rent. Got mixed messages about keeping it every day or turning it in.

If I rent and have to turn in every day I'd be nearly halfway to a new one anyway. Though I'm not sure about prices here.

Not sure what dives you do but a entry computer is very cheap.
After the trip you can use it as bottom timer or backup computer.

I just did and they do rent. Got mixed messages about keeping it every day or turning it in.

If I rent and have to turn in every day I'd be nearly halfway to a new one anyway. Though I'm not sure about prices here.
Cozumel is very popular with diving so perhaps the competition would not drive up the price.
If money is not an issue then buy a new one but make sure it is compatible with your old one.

Good luck

hough I'm not sure about prices here.
I think that you'll find the selection of new ones for sale very limited and priced much higher than in the states because of the import duties and shipping challenges, but - let us know. The Scuba Repair Shop may have some good used ones.

Got mixed messages about keeping it every day or turning it in.

Keeping the same one everyday will hold "your" diving info (all about you) and give you the most accurate info for you such as when it's safe to fly. The dive op, if you rent, may hold the same computer for you and not let other customers use it in between your dives. Aren't computer rentals $5 - $10?

Have fun diving!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom