Oostpunt or Klein Curacao – or both?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

carol_swimmom

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Getting ready for our 5th trip to Curacao. We have never made it to Oostpunt or Klein Curacao, since we have been staying in Westpunt the last few visits.

Does anyone have any insights into which dive trip we should take?

There is an option to do 1 dive at Klein Curacao, and one at Oostpunt with Ocean Encounters, or two dives at Oostpunt with Dive Charter Curacao.

Did the east end dives with Niels & Kevin a few years ago. Was an awesome trip. Large corals and some bigger fish ( bummed not to see a nurse shark, maybe next time). Nice surface interval on a glass flat lagoon. Have not been to Klien but have heard nice dives but transport long and rough. We'll be in CUR third week of August with The Dive Bus.

Jeepguy, we are in Curacao the same week but no Dive Bus. I have been out with them on a previous trip, they are great.

Thanks for the advice. My husband gets seasick when its rough - when Jeepguy said it was a long and rough crossing, I had decided on just East.

Klein you can take an all inclusive trip with Mermaid or Bounty adventures those are the two we combine the diving with. A guided dive will bring you to the better spots of Klein. Eastpoint with Niels is awesome. But both boat rides can be rough. To East or Klein there is always a possibility to get seasick. Back to Spanish water it's no problem

The East is a beautiful dive, one of the best. Also the North side at playa canoa.
i would advice to go with Niels.
Klein is ok, but bewar of sunburn...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom