open water cert.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dastuck

Reaction score
# of dives
I took my pool and classroom portion of my cert. last year but due to schedule confilicts wasnt able to complete my open water dives. Is there a maximum time allowed to complete your open water dives after your pool and classroom? Do i have to start from scratch?

You don’t mention which agency, but if PADI you are allowed a maximum 12 months break in training. Upon re-start it’s wise, and highly likely, that your instructor will conduct at least a Scuba Review, even if you squeak under the 12 month limit. If you re-start with a new training facility after 12 months, you’ll probably need to start from scratch. But that’s all for your good. You’d be amazed how much you can forget.

If it were that long I'd have you redo the exam after a classroom session or two to verify the info was not lost and at least one, most likely two good pool sessions before going into open water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom