Open Water Certification - 71 two days later

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congratulations... and WELCOME! If we ever find ourselves on a dive boat somewhere, I would be GLAD to buddy up with you.

Adam

Diving is a great equalizer! Someone who's 71 can dive just as well as someone who's 21. You may not be able to carry five tanks to the water, or do five dives a day, or party all night. But in the water - where the diving happens - everyone is the same.

As Lynne suggest above, there are many people who dive in a deliberate, relaxed fashion. I'd consider myself one of them. I'd much rather dive with "an old geezer" who wants to take it easy, dive conservatively, and stay within his/her limits... than with some "frisky" 30yr old. Trust me, the "youngster" is much more of a "pain" to dive with.

In short... I'll buddy with you!

Way to go. At 60 I really hate putting on & off the farmer john wetsuit. Then again, I hated it when I started at 51... A good excuse to aim for warmer diving (money allowing) in the future. Not that I mind cold water, but it's so much less work in a shorty or less. If you're ever up this way let me know.

Congrats & welcome! If you are ever in Key Largo, look me up. :wavey:

And do check out the Grumpy Old Divers (aka G.O.D.) (they aren't as grumpy as they sound :cool2:).

Congratulations! And happy to dive with you if you ever find yourself in the Seattle area.

I'm 54 and got my OW and AOW just this year. I'd dive with you anytime...especially in the Caribbean. I think you'll find plenty of folks to dive with...I think you'll find people will think it's cool to dive with a new "old guy"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom