Open Water class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarec007

Reaction score
Well the day has finally come. I start my OW certification tonight. I have been waiting for this day for a long time. Is there anything I should be awair of before I start my class, any helpfull hints and/or suggestions? Wish me luck.

Words of advice (to start you off):
- ask questions - there are no dumb questions, just highly unique ones. But every single one you have is important to you and should be answered. Others may have the same question, but just to shy to ask.

- relax, relax, relax in the water. Honest!

- if you have a new mask, remember to clean it with toothpaste (non gel) to remove the coating. There are commercial drops/spray to help defog.

Keep us informed on how you do.

Is HAVING FUN!!!

~SubMariner~

after having fun in the pool relaxing and learning.

I was thinking of what to eat and read your post. When I took my OW class after getting out of the pool I thought the same thing.. Bring a snack bring lots of snacks.

Welcome to the world of diving

Relax and put no unnecessary pressure on yourself to be an "expert".OW is about learning your limits.Finding out what is good for you and what you need to work on.
Good Luck,
The one and only,
Gasman

Relax and have fun. After we got done with each pool session we all went to a local restuarant and ate. It was a great way to get to know each other. Added to the fun. I'm posting this late but I hope you had a great first lesson. Let us know how you are doing.

Well I am now an offical certified diver. I can't beleive I did it. I am so hooked. a weekend ago I competed my classroom and pool work, and this past weekend I went for my open water check out dives. We started out at 6:00am at the local lake on saturday and completed our first two check out dives.. We dove to 22 feet and 25 feet for about 25 minutes each. On sunday again we began at the lake at 6:00am to complete the last two of our check out dives. After the last two check out dives we decided to go out again on our first actual certifed dive to celibrate. My buddy and I took off and traveresed the lake for about 43 minutes at 36 feet. It was to this date the most fun thing I have ever done. I felt so free. I only had one problem My depth gauge that I purchased online didn't work so I am going to have to return it. The viz wasn't the best and ranged between 1 and 10 feet. I got to play with the fishes and caught one crayfish that I let go. I did find a few cool things and we had fun with them. I found a squirt gun that I kept as a momento of my first dive. I can't wait to hit the salt water in a few months.

Congradulations on becoming one of the addicted! You've now passed into the select group that view employment as a means to support your dive habit and you are counting the days to your next dive trip.

CONGRATULATIONS - welcome to the waters below.

Back
Top Bottom