Opinions of Whites Fusion One Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I can recommend Whites Fusion Tech...and yes,on one particulary dive I suffered the too-tight-crotch syndrome :) It's all about donning/doffing the right way..... I dive it almost as a wetsuit, and when using it abroad(especially) divers question me about it... fun....
I'm 187cm/90 kg and use an L/XL size. ,wetshoes. Never had a leak. l use 4E Arctic under, but hope Santa can give me a Thermal Fusion for Cristmss..

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk

I have probably 35 dives on a Fusion Tech here in Puget Sound and so far I'm happy with it. I dove a sport demo prior to buying the Tech and went with Whites mainly due to bodily size flux since I didn't want have to buy another suit. Getting into/out of the suit isn't an issue, just follow the DRIS video. I wear a Thermal Fusion under it and really have no bubble to manage, and no squeeze in the nether-regions either. With dry gloves (the only way to go), the pockets are almost useless as you just can't feel the floppy material, so I'm thinking of just moving to a thigh pocket hanging off the BP waist strap. As far as boots, I use the nylon socks and the EVO3 boots for the rocks around here, so no issues with drying the boots - then again, I haven't used the fusion neoprene boots. After using a bi-lam drysuit, I do find it's much more like diving a wetsuit.

Just looking for opinions on the Whites Fusion One drysuit. Anyone out there have one??

I live/dive in Newfoundland Canada and our temps are 8-15C (summer) and 0-2C (winter).

Cheers!
rethink the whites i got one in a trade .. i have had dozens of other dry suits over 30 + years of drysuit diving (plus devoping a drysuit course for 2 agencies) it was with out a doubt the worst suit i owned , might be great for rentals (fits allot of different divers ) but holds too much air the dumpvale moves around .....my advice get a suit that fits you properly you will be much happier.................

I had a Fusion Tech Limited Edition.

It was the most pleasant suit I have ever used.

It only had a few issues:

1-Was a hassle to rinse and dry
2-Kept sagging when walking out of the water.
3-Took a little time and effort to get on.
4-Very tight ankle-openings on the socks
5-slightly annoying zipper-placement

Except from that, I really loved it, and miss it now, as I have a mtm Bare Trilam Tech, which took more than half a year to get, and still doesnt fit very well.

I am a bit tempted to get the Fusion one, as I suspect it will help with points 123 and 5, and hopefully also with point 4 (especially if it is possible to get it with fixed boots)

I have a Fusion One and agree with most of the positive comments on here. In fairness I have not dived other suits. I don't even really need a DS as I don't get cold in the water temps I dive in but I tried one on and it fit me so well I bought it on impulse, as an occasional DS diver the price point was attractive. If I needed to dive dry all the time I would have possibly looked at a bigger investment. The 2 layers do make it slightly more work to put on and it does sag down around your knees when you take the top off between dives; I just use a belt around my waist to hold it all up and tuck the sleeves into the braces. So far it appears to be durable enough. I dive with the thinnest undergarments and have never felt the folds in the inner bag to be uncomfortable. I can zip and unzip the suit myself if I have to but its easier to get someone else to help.

I have a fusion sport that has a born on date in 2009, I bought it used and it has seen a fair amount of use. As far as durability the inner lining is in great condition with no repairs, the seals have been replaced once and I've never experienced a leak. The outer layer is also in good condition with minimal wear. Do I think it will last forever? No. Am I happy with it? Yes.

Prior to buying I had only done demos on the Whites and two DUI suits (TLS350 and CF200), it was just the most comfortable for me. Perhaps I would have liked the DUIs better if they were a custom fit. So, for me and the type of diving I do it works, but I wouldn't buy anything without trying it first. I only do 20-40 dives a year so for the price point it works for me.

My only complaint with the Fusion Sport is the way the zipper puffs out my chest, would rather it be from hip to shoulder like the DUI, but it's better across the chest than across the back like that fusion one is.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom