opinions on communication units?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Give me a break, what kind of challenge is that? I go to DEMA and listen and if I think it doesn't work I get $100,000.00? Or, do I have to prove it doesn't work to get the $100,000.00?

OK, lets get serious here - You say your device works. I think it just makes noise. Here is a real test. I will be at DEMA with the US Navy MRT word list. This is a list that is used to bench mark underwater communication systems. Anything below 80% intelligibility is usually considered a failed system. We get 10 divers picked at random, give them a list and let one of them read using your Scuba Voice Mach-1 and the others respond by marking what they hear on the score cards. The proof will be in the scores. If the unit is intelligible the scores will show it. If not, it is a divers waist of money. I think we should also invite all the big dive magazines to watch the test and boast about the results. If you really feel froggy, invite others to bring their underwater communications and see who gets the highest scores.

Oh, the divers should be wearing hoods! It will make it more realistic. Also, to your favor, their will be no back ground noise like in the real environment.

We will all be waiting for your response. Put up or shut up!

PS, it will be hard to put sub-titles in the pool, may make it a little harder to know what is being said!

Now that's what I call a challange! Wow, DeepSea, you really let 'em have it didn't you. Looks like you also went out and did some homework. Sounds to me like you've already seen these things in action. Hey, if you win the 100 grand, will you buy me a Palm... :royal: says that he can get it to work underwater!

J.P. that post right there was the mother of all challenges. It looks like you either wind up being a stud here, or ehem, start looking for a better job... hehe LOL!

Hey, guys I'm not tring to offend anyone here, it's just that that was way funny!:D

You know, you asked for all this. It's not like you could pay for this type of publicity. So either way, I guess what I'm trying to say is THANKS! guys, I'm having a great time!

Long live ScubaBoard, :royal:and of course your(much) better half!

Mario :D

Please tell me, as a sport diver where can you get a communication unit for under 200.00 that is...
Built for the sport diver, never needs maintance, never needs battries, can talk to any other diver without listening devices, weighs only 4 oz, can be droped and banged around, and is used by anyone. We will be at DEMA and will prove how it works. We think all divers need the ability to communicate. Some chose electronic and have the funds do do so but what about the masses? We have this product out in the hands of many professional groups and know it works well. Scuba Voice is here to stay and as I have said before we will prove to all at DEMA.
I hope everyone has a great Christmas an I will check back after I return from my vacation. Until then thanks for the advice and have a fun and joyfull holiday. I'll talk to you guys next week.
J.P.

OK JP, I think we shook out the $100,000.00 challenge, not. JP, your unit probably works some what and is cheap to purchase. Your blabbing, bragging and making $100,000.00 challenges is uncalled for. Your like a child trying to get attention.

I will be at DEMA and can't wait to meet you and try the device. I am also going to go in my garage and build something to talk underwater with. My goal will be to make it cheap. See you at DEMA.

This is the best part of the movie... tentions are high, bottles of empty whiskey are piled up in broken peices on the saw dust floor, the unforgiving sun is beating down on the dirt road, there isn't even the slightest peep out of the townspeople, the sheriff is hiding(and rightfully so), the only sound heard is the drooling coming from the undertakers missing teeth(Don), this is it, the end, the moment we've been climaxing to.... then all of a suddun the deffening BLAM! BLAM! BLAM! echos off of the wooden walls and then the silence once again as the townspeople continue to hold their breathes while the dust settles... the only other sound has been the THUD of a body...

smoking the last of an ole cigar laughing out loud. The old cowboy ponders about the past 2 weeks and looks forward the the huge reward he is about to recieve. He knows the battle has only just began but victory is his. As all good cowboys he must first relax, rest, and go see Miss Kitty. A few days of fun before re-entry to the battle ground is much needed. Hey Mario, Love the story...lol, I had to check the thread before I left. This darn thing is worse than a good wine....one more sip...Hey you all have a great Christmas and I hate to say it but I'll miss this. Hell its only 3 days...

Whoa ...

Did JP just conceed? Do we need a recount? He is gonna just let Deep Sea ride off like that? Amazing ....

LOL ... Boy did you leave yourself open for that one JP, hehe

=-)

The fact is I'll be at DEMA with fins on. The way I se it if they really thought nothing of Scuba Voice they would not reply...Thats the best way to end something. As I told you when we talked, we have a real deal and we are here for the long haul. I almost wish I have never found this board because I am addicted to it. I should be in bed since I have a 6 hour drive tomorrow with a 2 year old daughter. This is it for me until I get back, maby King Neptune or someone can defend me while I'm gone. yeah right lol haha.I once again want to thank everyone for replying to my little opinion thread, it's been fun and we are only just begining!
Merry Christmas, J.P.

J.P.,
Happy holidays, thanks for all the amusement... We'll miss you! That's exactly what I love so much about this site, everyone's real cool.

Once again, happy holidays to all my brother and sisters... can anyone guess which category Don falls under... LOL... hehe.

I had a major problem with my computer and has had it out with HP and AOL. I had to re-install my AOL and lost all my saved stuff and my address book so ....Oh well. I see no one has started a NEW heated thread yet? Oh yeah I've got to let you know that we now have the same sound maker out of the Scuba Voice made into a new product and we will have that also at DEMA. As for anyone wanting to get in the water to try the S/V I will be in New Orleans BEFORE DEMA so maby we can hook up. I want to see the device that one of the guys said he is making in his garage. Maby he will bring that along. Good to be back and hope my electricity holds...did you guys see all the bad weather (ice) we are having in the south? Later, J.P.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom