Opinions on Whites Fusion Tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting, I have no issues with the evo 3 boots.

Well it looks like I have a week or so if I change my mind on the boots while DRIS restocks. Ordered the EVO3 boots for the long trudges I sometimes have to do shore diving.

NOt sure if you chose the whites evo3 or the removable boots? I got a similar package with the evo3 boots. I found them to be too stiff in the ankles for frog kicks etc. They seemed like some cheaper boots that whites just stuck their logo on.I sold them and replaced them with High Top Converse.

The other boots seem to be nice as well some guys I know have those and like them. They velcro on at the ankles and can stay attached or be taken off.

If you get converse you will need 2-3 sizes larger than normal. I am a 13 normal and use a 15 fine with my fusion but sometimes I think a 16 might be better.

I have evo3 boots and have had no discomfort or difficulty with any kinds of kicking--frog kicks, back kicks, helicopter turns, etc. They are really great for the rocky shore entries we do around here.

I have the White's with Tech skin. Very comfortable in water. Minimal bubble issues. Not the best looking above water but I don't dive for that. Pockets do suck but I am going to trying different ways to stiffen the pockets. Velcroing pockets to laminate layer helped a little. Going to next try just putting some fin inserts in the pockets- seemed to make much better above water just now. If that doesn't work, likely get them off and put on Halcyon's or similar.

Getting in the suit takes some getting used to, but if you have an underlayer, and grab the suit on the inside to pull on, slides pretty easily, and I generally dress just as fast as others.

For boots I just wear thin socks, the suit, and on the outside a pair of wet suit boots. Easy and warmer.

Sidemount, you must follow Divebums, I saw that same suit flash across my inbox! Let me know how the fusion deal works out for you as we have similar builds and I'm in the market. DUI is moi expensivo, but all the local shops sell them and the customer support is excellent. I'm not sure if I want to go with the TLSSE or find a nice suit from another large vendor.

Sidemount, you must follow Divebums, I saw that same suit flash across my inbox! Let me know how the fusion deal works out for you as we have similar builds and I'm in the market. DUI is moi expensivo, but all the local shops sell them and the customer support is excellent. I'm not sure if I want to go with the TLSSE or find a nice suit from another large vendor.

I'll be sure to let you all know my thoughts. Obviously around here, DUI is what nearly everybody wears, and what the majority of local shops sell.

I almost wanted to avoid them so I wouldn't look like everyone else. But for the price of a DUI custom, I got a Whites for myself AND one for my wife. We're planning to stay warm this winter. :)

Well it looks like I have a week or so if I change my mind on the boots while DRIS restocks. Ordered the EVO3 boots for the long trudges I sometimes have to do shore diving.

May be you can negotiate to get a Thermal Fusion undergarment? I think, it is the best unergarment available. Apart from that - congratulations! Whites Fusion Tech is a great suit. I fully agree with the TSandM's comment on it.

May be you can negotiate to get a Thermal Fusion undergarment? I think, it is the best unergarment available. Apart from that - congratulations! Whites Fusion Tech is a great suit. I fully agree with the TSandM's comment on it.

I may eventually get one, but I was thinking it would end up being too warm for our SoCal water temps much of the year. The MK2 package seems pretty versatile with the zip-off sleeve options and ability to wear the jacket as a vest over the jumpsuit.

I have the White's with Tech skin. Very comfortable in water. Minimal bubble issues. Not the best looking above water but I don't dive for that. Pockets do suck but I am going to trying different ways to stiffen the pockets. Velcroing pockets to laminate layer helped a little. Going to next try just putting some fin inserts in the pockets- seemed to make much better above water just now.

I tried the fin inserts in the White's Tech Skin pockets. Made the pockets stick out some, but much easier to open under water. Actually usable now.

I love my Fusion Bullet. It is a bit of a pain to put on though, but really only around the ankles. Diving it is a pleasure. It feels more like a wetsuit. Managing the bubble has never been an issue. I have seen far more experienced divers have issues in their 2x the cost DUI. As for durability, no concerns here. No caves or significant wreck penetration for me, but mine looks brand new after 2 years.

I have the Fusion dry boots, velcro right on. They are fine for all shore entries. Plus, they are much less bulky than rock shoes.

Based on your body shape comment, the shoulder fit may be a concern. Mine is a bit tight in the shoulders, but fits absolutely perfect everywhere else. Not constricting, but snug.

For my type of diving, the comfort while under water, and for the price this has been a perfect DS. Plus, I think it looks way cooler than DUIs.

Did you check out the black friday sale at DRIS? The Tech package comes with the MK2 unders.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom