Opinions on Whites Fusion Tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok, next question. What's the best way to store a Fusion? Hanging? Rolled up?

It seems to me that hanging on a nice heavy wetsuit hanger might help the SLT neck seal ring -- which is a bit stiff -- gain more of a natural contour?

For equalizing, as I am not very experienced with dry-gloves, although, I have 100% experience in being wet with drygloves, I used a pair of cut-off very thin woolen socks (cut off the toe-part, make a hole for the thumb, and wear it under the arm-seal.

It feels in my opinion better than latex or even silicone directly to the skin, and it takes quite some time to get really wet.
My arm was full, and the rest of the suit starts to get wet after maybe 25 mins. It was cold, but not extremly cold, even though it was a 50 min dive in 5C water, with a 20 min boatride back to shore, and I had to change to dry clothing on a quay.

Or you can purchase the same thing from Fourth Element.

4th Element Xerotherm Wrist Warmer | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

To follow up, I am very happy with the Fusion Tech after my first two days of open water diving in 60 degree water. Thanks everyone for all the tips and advice.

First off, I am very impressed with the fit of the suit. I am 220lbs with a 45 inch chest and 33 inch waist. I don't think there's any "stock sized" suit that I could fit into without having yards of extra fabric around the midsection. The result of this is that I only need 22lbs of weight with the suit, wearing the Whites MK2 undergarments underneath.

My buddy this weekend is around the same size and weight as I am. He was also working out his weight and trim with a brand new drysuit, a standard 2XL membrane suit. After much tweaking, he ended up needing a back-breaking 37lbs of weight.

But the thing I'm most amazed by are the dry gloves. I've never used dry gloves before, but now, I don't think I'll ever dive cold water without them. Coming out of the ocean with warm dry hands is the biggest diving revelation I've had since the first time I tried sidemount.

I would consider the Antares glove system a "consumer grade" setup, as opposed to other more "industrial strength" systems (say, like UTD). That said, I have had no problems with them yet. As mentioned above, take care of them, don't bend the tabs, don't get sand and dirt in the glove rings, don't let the wrist rings dangle on the ground, and I bet they'll continue to work great. The best advice I got with these is to take your time donning the gloves. Put them on after everything else is sorted, go slowly, make sure everything's nicely tucked in and lined up, make sure they're fully pressed in until the tabs click.

As a bonus, my buddy found my hand signals really easy to see in bright blue gloves.

Now I can really look forward to diving the rest of the winter. The water here is going to get colder before it gets warmer.

Last edited:
Ok, next question. What's the best way to store a Fusion? Hanging? Rolled up?

It seems to me that hanging on a nice heavy wetsuit hanger might help the SLT neck seal ring -- which is a bit stiff -- gain more of a natural contour?

After it is dry, I roll it up loosely with the zipper partially open and lay it flat with the zipper on top in the drysuit bag. I only hang the suit for drying.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom