Opinions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Murchison:
When I lived in Europe (three years) I ate local, gained weight.
I've been at the weight control business for a long, long time, and have come to the conclusion that it's a whole lot simpler than most folks want to make it. To lose weight, eat less than you burn. To enjoy food, eat the real thing.
Any questions?
Rick

I have been enjoying food for a long time, and recently only a 3xx Large hooded vest will fit me now. Fortunately my SCR is still 0.5 to 0.75. Life is good.

tracker:
I think every one is different. Some of us can eat as much as we want, and some of us really have to watch it. I have always used the false hunger aproach. When you think you're hungry, give it an hour. If you're still hungry, have a rounded meal only big enough for you not to be hungry, but, you have to eat slow to realize that. Eat slow and be relaxed when you do.

Oh, wait..........I have to eat slow so the Tequila stays down.

I know this is an older thread, but I just read it. I agree that the way we eat is just horrific. I grew up in Europe and it is very very different. Anyone ever looked at the line up of bicycles outside the buildings in Amsterdam???

Anyway... yes to the natural, non processed foods.. my question is this... how to make the switch for the whole family? I think it sounds great and I say I should do it, then find I have 10 minutes to make dinner for the kids before we have to run to gymnastics and out comes the box of Mac N Cheese!! Yikes... is there a practical how to guide for this????

Back
Top Bottom