Optic cable attachment needs glue?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chiroaemt

New
Reaction score
The velcro that attaches the optic cable from the flash to the front of my camera housing doesn't stick to the black plastic piece (surrounding the exposed optic cable. The last time I used the unit I needed to use rubberbands to hold the black plastic cuff to my camera case. When I got home, I used a 2-part epoxy and glued the velcro to the black cuff. I'm packing to go diving this weekend and I noted that the glue has dried out and no longer holds the dime sized clear velcro disk to the black cable mount.

I could probably use a replacement for this black endpiece, but don't have the time to wait for it to arrive. Is there anyone that has had this problem and come up with a working solution.......Please let me know ASAP

I did away with all of it and used duck tape. I trimmed off a little bit extra off the cable and just slapped it over the diffuser housing on the camera. Ain't purty but works.

The velcro that attaches the optic cable from the flash to the front of my camera housing doesn't stick to the black plastic piece (surrounding the exposed optic cable. The last time I used the unit I needed to use rubberbands to hold the black plastic cuff to my camera case. When I got home, I used a 2-part epoxy and glued the velcro to the black cuff. I'm packing to go diving this weekend and I noted that the glue has dried out and no longer holds the dime sized clear velcro disk to the black cable mount.

I could probably use a replacement for this black endpiece, but don't have the time to wait for it to arrive. Is there anyone that has had this problem and come up with a working solution.......Please let me know ASAP

Clean the surface of the adapter (black plastic piece) with rubbing alcohol then use super glue to affix the hook and loop Velcro piece.

(Revised answer - using super glue has not been officially tested by SeaLife)

The Velcro adhesive that attaches to the universal adapter is made by 3M. It will really stick on well IF it’s firmly pressed on and the surface is clean. Clean the surface with alcohol and firmly press on the Velcro – it will stay. If the Velcro still comes loose, call our service technician or customer service department.

Last edited:
Had mine come off yesterday before the dive. Never stopped me form diving though hah. I held it in place when I wanted to take a shot and both Pro strobes worked like a charm (Nikon L6 in Ikelite housing).

I got creative with the crazxy glue and some sillicone when I got home. It has until next saturday to cure. Will keep y'all posted. Coincidentally I use one of the black thingies drilled for two optical cables, maybe that's what's putting the additional strain on the velcro.

Don

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom