Options for Tanks on Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sintax604

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife and I are heading to Bonaire for the first time this winter. We'll be staying for 3 weeks and doing nothing but shore diving. I figure we'll be needing around 60 tanks over the course of the 3 weeks.

My question is: Are there any shops that will allow you to purchase a bunch of tank rentals all at once at a discounted rate? I'm thinking some sort of punch card system.

I know "all you can dive" is the norm on Bonaire but I'm the sort of guy who goes to an "all you can eat" restaurant and feels sick for the next 3 days. If I go for "all you can dive" I'll be exhausted and probably bent by the 3rd day. I'm also interested in mixing up the trip with the odd day of land activities (3 weeks is a long time to dive EVERY day, even for me) so it will be nice to be able to pick and choose my dive days or even just do a single dive in a day without feeling pressured to "get my money's worth" out of an all you can dive package.

Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Buy the tank rental for the week package from Buddy Dive. It's on their website in rentals section.
I think the price for a week is $167.
Someone else may have a cheaper rate, but probably not.

We were there a little while ago. Before going I did lots of "shopping". I found that everything was priced in a way to funnel you into the week long package, especially if you want Nitrox etc. Sort of like how cell phone plans are set up, just a couple more bucks and you get so much more!

Also keep in mind, the "drive through" at Buddy Dive is very convenient.

My wife and I are heading to Bonaire for the first time this winter. We'll be staying for 3 weeks and doing nothing but shore diving. I figure we'll be needing around 60 tanks over the course of the 3 weeks.

My question is: Are there any shops that will allow you to purchase a bunch of tank rentals all at once at a discounted rate? I'm thinking some sort of punch card system.

I know "all you can dive" is the norm on Bonaire but I'm the sort of guy who goes to an "all you can eat" restaurant and feels sick for the next 3 days. If I go for "all you can dive" I'll be exhausted and probably bent by the 3rd day. I'm also interested in mixing up the trip with the odd day of land activities (3 weeks is a long time to dive EVERY day, even for me) so it will be nice to be able to pick and choose my dive days or even just do a single dive in a day without feeling pressured to "get my money's worth" out of an all you can dive package.

Any info would be appreciated!
Thanks!

Maybe someone else can give you some better pointers, but in my experience there isn't enough on the island to do to occupy you for more than than one day before your flight. :) Ten dives a week is a light diving schedule on Bonaire. Maybe someone will let you spread your "week" out over time so you can have a number of 3-dive days interspersed with "down days."

Sorry I missed the part that you were saying you were going for 3 weeks... jealous. You might be better off paying per day if you are planning to do a few days here, a few days there, over that time frame. All depends how many days in any given week you want to dive.

Didn't notice anything in the way of punch cards etc there, but as vondo suggested maybe one of the shops will work something out for you.

Check with Buddy Dive and Wannadive and go with the best pricing.

Both are good operations and will provide for your needs.

DD

Go for the unlimited tanks. My wife and I just got back from a week on Bonaire and we did 18 dives in 6 days and never felt like we were over-doing it.

Also keep in mind, the "drive through" at Buddy Dive is very convenient.

Not when you have 5 trucks ahead of you and everyone is grabbing 8 tanks!!! :shocked2: I can go pretty quick but then there are times when it goes very slow...!

lee

Back
Top Bottom