OrcaTorch D550 for underwater activities such as scuba diving, free diving, and spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrcaTorch dive light

Contributor
Reaction score
1f60a.png

OrcaTorch D550 is a popular dive light designed for underwater activities such as scuba diving, free diving, and spearfishing.
1f929.png

It has a maximum output of 1000 lumens is suitable for exploring dark underwater environments.
1f970.png

Accessories includes 18650 battery(3400mAh), USB cable,Wrist strap, O-ring, lanyard, highly cost-effective kit.
1f447.png

Would you like to see more details of OrcaTorch D550?
Shop: from Dipn dive in US

Attachments

• D550.jpg
    D550.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 44
The version you depict and describe does not match the version being sold at the Dipn Dive link.

-Z

The version you depict and describe does not match the version being sold at the Dipn Dive link.

-Z
Other than the D&D not showing the box (boxes are nice but for me they usually end up as overburden) what did I miss?

Nothing; the lack of hard case is the only difference. This is the first time I've seen Orcatorch promoting their lights from somewhere other than Amazon.

Incidentally, the one for sale on Amazon from Outdoor Equipment Experts does have the case.

Other than the D&D not showing the box (boxes are nice but for me they usually end up as overburden) what did I miss?
The D&D website shows 2 x 18650 batteries, and a battery charger.

The version shown in the post above depicts 1 x 18650 battery and a USB cord to charge with like the battery that comes with the OrcaTorch D530 dive torch.

-Z

The version shown in the post above depicts 1 x 18650 battery and a USB cord to charge with like the battery that comes with the OrcaTorch D530 dive torch.

-Z
The one I bought came with two batteries, as did both D710’s, D530v may have come with two since there is one still in the packaging and one in the light but I have lots of 18650’s around so…

The one I bought came with two batteries, as did both D710’s, D530v may have come with two since there is one still in the packaging and one in the light but I have lots of 18650’s around so…

For the past few years the D550 came with 2x18650 batteries, charger, soft goodman handle, wrist lanyard, 3xspare o-rings, a very small bolt snap, and plastic case.

The D530 came with 1x18650 battery that has a micro USB port, short micro USB cable, 3xspare o-rings, packaged in a cardboard box.

The D550 pictured in the original post of this thread seems to be a change to what they are offering as it only shows 1x18650 battery and a USB cable...no charger.

Not a deal breaker, but the 2nd 18650 battery was a nice extra, especially with how long the 18650 battery that came with my D530 takes to charge with the USB cable....I often just stick it on a spare 18650 charger.

Just sayin.

-Z

-Z
You're correct; cancel what I said above. That does appear to be the same battery set-up that comes with the D530.

I have two of these D550's and they are the cats pajamas!

D550 has two versions: one is just with one battery and another one is with two batteries. Please see description carefully before you buy it. Which version do you prefer, one battery or two batteries?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom