OrcaTorch New D630 V2.0 Canister Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OrcaTorch

Contributor
Reaction score
OrcaTorch D630 V2.0 , new upgraded switch.
👏 Here is the info about the D630 V2.0 👇
1. The main difference between the D630 and the D630 V2.0 is in the switch.
2. For D630 V2.0, you can press the side button to change among high, middle, low, off. Hold on the side switch for 5 seconds when the light is off, it will turn into a state of the safe lock. The side switch will be unless unlocking it by a double press.
3. 5 hours run time at brightest mode
4. 4000lm-5hrs /1500lm-7h26mins /460lm-23h50mins
5. 7 ° angle beam
6. 90-180° adjustable cord
7. Optional SW02 soft handle

🤗Welcome you all to the Duikvaker Show 2023 Netherlands, booth number 112, Hall 2 to test our new D630 V2.0.

D630(1).jpg

Do we know price point? I have been considering upgrading to the D630 for some time now but I cant find anyone I know that has one to try out before I buy it.

Do we know price point? I have been considering upgrading to the D630 for some time now but I cant find anyone I know that has one to try out before I buy it.
At least on the Orcatorch website its listed as MSRP USD$659.95.

Hello Dann, thank you for your interest in our D630 V2.0. You can consult OrcaTorch's local distributor or send us a message directly here. We will reply to you ASAP. For the D630 MSRP is US$659.95.

If I understood correctly, you have changed from "turn-to-lock switch" to "hold-to-lock switch"?
Yeah.. I'm not sure that's an upgrade? It's a manual switch that would be really hard to accidentally turn vs something needs to double tap it to turn on?

We have had discussions about the different switches in another thread and it's pretty unanimous that everyone prefers a manual switch.

Yeah.. I'm not sure that's an upgrade? It's a manual switch that would be really hard to accidentally turn vs something needs to double tap it to turn on?

We have had discussions about the different switches in another thread and it's pretty unanimous that everyone prefers a manual switch.
Switches are the bane of all dive lights but this one looks to be like the one on the D710, I like the functions and after having the twist types twist when I don’t want them to this may be a better switch, time will tell. The most reliable switch is twisting the head so there is no contact but that makes it a two hand operation.

this is a nice price point, I just don’t need one.

Switches are the bane of all dive lights but this one looks to be like the one on the D710, I like the functions and after having the twist types twist when I don’t want them to this may be a better switch, time will tell. The most reliable switch is twisting the head so there is no contact but that makes it a two hand operation.

this is a nice price point, I just don’t need one.

I have both types also.. much prefer the manual turn. It never comes on by itself. True it might need 2 hands but mine is mounted to a goodman handle.. so no matter what it would need 2 hands, just like either of the 630's offered.

The press to turn on / lock out is always much more likely to be the light that's dead because it turned itself on. I can see the "pro" being one handed operation for everything, but realistically I turn a light on at the beginning and off at the end.

I will say to anyone reading this make sure you clean the springs under the switch regardless which you choose. They're hard to rinse after saltwater and can corrode fairly quickly, I ordered a pack of 4 or 5.. they were cheap enough. Can unscrew the bevel around the switch to get to them with a pen or screwdriver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom