OrcaTorch New D630 V2.0 Canister Dive Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I understood correctly, you have changed from "turn-to-lock switch" to "hold-to-lock switch"?
Hi there, yes, the function to lock the D630 V2.0 is to hold on the side switch for 5 seconds when the light is off. The side switch will be unless unlocking it by a double press.

What is the maximum delay for the second press to unlock?

Any recommendations for a protective case that would fit it?

Any recommendations for a protective case that would fit it?
I'm wondering the same thing....it's a shame that their lesser lights come in plastic totes, but their top of the line can light comes in a cardboard box. I'll likely use a small toolbox or pelican case....

I'm wondering the same thing....it's a shame that their lesser lights come in plastic totes, but their top of the line can light comes in a cardboard box. I'll likely use a small toolbox or pelican case....
Hi there, no worries, we will upgrade the package soon. Please stay tuned!

If anyone is looking for these lights shoot me a pm.

“Please stay tuned”. I like that. Real cliff hanger.

In the meantime davecampbell…on Amazon there are some lower cost alternatives to Pelican. Certainly not the same but…depending on how you use it, etc., they seem to be quite robust. Search for a container box series (different sizes) labeled “Plano Guide Series” or, a general search on pistol cases, which seem to come with foam inside. Here’s the pistol case might work…actually don’t think so as it’s only 3.5” high. But it’s a lower cost alt…

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom