Orcatorch Quality Light In A Compact Size. 👍

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Thanks to Christian Jones for sharing his informative opinion about the Orcatorch D530 dive light based on his real-life experience!
😎
👌

" I currently use a light which requires 3 C batteries (1000 lumens) and a Sola light (1200 lumens). The Sola light is in a different class of flashlight and is primarily meant to be a video light, so I'm not really going to compare it beyond the pictures.

The Orcalight is much smaller and much lighter than my 3C flashlight. The Orcalight also has variable light strengths and includes a lion USB rechargeable battery. The 3 C batteries last longer than the single 18650 battery. I do a lot of underwater photography and I have 8 AAA batteries to charge each time and the C batteries take up 2 slots each in the charger, making them inconvenient.

I've taken the Orcalight on 6 dives now and I'm a fan. I appreciate the smaller size, battery light indicator (on the power button), and the lighter weight. I recently used it exclusively on a 4 dive trip for catching lobster. I grabbed it often to peek in holes, and I can't express enough how much I like the smaller size. I don't like having things dangle from my BPW, so I use rubber straps to tuck the light into my harness. The 3C battery is a pain to get tucked back in and the Orcalight can be tucked back in with one hand.

I've also noticed a lot of divers are using Orcalights. They are easily identifiable by the orange rubber on the tail end of the light. Without me prompting, my cousin just bought the 1700 lumens model, which is about the same price as the 1300 lumens model I purchased but doesn't have variable light strength since it's a twist on model.
As for the quality of the build, it appears to be machined metal. The orange rubber makes it easier to twist the battery compartment off. The light has 3 o-rings.

At the end of the day, this will become my main torch light that I use due to the size and weight because the convenience of each improves the experience of using a flashlight. "

👉
Get Yours on Amazon
🔦
:

Attachments

• d530 scuba light.png
    d530 scuba light.png
    376.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Orcatorch d530 light.png
    Orcatorch d530 light.png
    343.7 KB · Views: 60
  • dive light.png
    dive light.png
    344.4 KB · Views: 52
  • Orcatorch d530.png
    Orcatorch d530.png
    403.5 KB · Views: 61
  • 3C & USB Rechargeable Battery.png
    3C & USB Rechargeable Battery.png
    351.6 KB · Views: 53
@OrcaTorch-Amazon Seller Have you considered becoming a business sponsor yet? Given the use of Scubaboard’s forums for continued spam, paid-for reviews and other miscellaneous promotion? Seems inexpensive in comparison to the publicity you’ve gathered from the site, especially with three or more accounts on here claiming to be affiliated with @OrcaTorch or @OrcaTorch dive light or whatever the other accounts are

Was CJ’s review of a freebie light?

I find the practice of buying glowing positive reviews reprehensible.

It starts off by announcing that they're giving away free lights to lucky users. You are told to purchase one from Amazon and if you leave a "satisfactory" review on FB, they refund your purchase cost. Not sure how you trust these reviews. :(

It starts off by announcing that they're giving away free lights to lucky users. You are told to purchase one from Amazon and if you leave a "satisfactory" review on FB, they refund your purchase cost. Not sure how you trust these reviews. :(
Like “key man” pricing?

That is not actually how it works. I’ve done several reviews for them, all on Amazon. You buy the light and send them a copy of the purchase. Within a day or two you receive a refund for the purchase via PayPal. This happens before any review has been done. There has never been a stipulation of review first, then payment. On a couple of occasions my review was not submitted for several weeks after the purchase, and refund, was made.

Like “key man” pricing?
Actually that’s discounted (not free) and only available to instructors and DMs in the store. No glowing reviews are required.

Actually that’s discounted (not free) and only available to instructors and DMs in the store. No glowing reviews are required.
No need to provide a glowing review for the Orcatorch refund.

True a much more subtle form of persuasion, great way to profit when you resell the items after the “waiting period.”

if the retail prices were a reasonable mark up over these discounted ones they would increase sales but instead the program is a gentle coercion of new divers.

Back
Top Bottom