Suggestion Order of thread timeline

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
J

Jeff_O

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Have I missed some feature that makes all thread show newest post first?

I at random just checked again to verify that some thread had newest post first, and some original post being the oldest post first.

I found hitting the go to end of pages when oldest post was shown first got me to the newest post. That is my current work around.

Also reading multiple pages of posts I then use go back one page at a time to get to the older posts.

Is this the way it must be?

Is there something I'm not aware of to eliminate the need to do this?

Not sure I fully understand the suggestion so I'll do a brain dump on what I know.

The default sorting order in a forum, New pots lists, and Watched threads lists has always been by the newest post within each thread thread.

Watched threads that you have visited recently open to the new post in that thread. If you have not viewed it recently it opens to the OP and there is a Jump to new button near the top.

Are you seeing different behavior?

Not sure I fully understand the suggestion so I'll do a brain dump on what I know.

The default sorting order in a forum, New pots lists, and Watched threads lists has always been by the newest post within each thread thread.

Watched threads that you have visited recently open to the new post in that thread. If you have not viewed it recently it opens to the OP and there is a Jump to new button near the top.

Okay then I'll see about just using the fast forward to newest post after just looking at Original Poster if the thread is the first time I started viewing it. What I mean is if so many posts are on a thread and you want to see more quickly if a solution to a problem has been found, skip to latest post

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom