Ordered My "Tricked Out" Techniflex

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ClamBake

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After getting measured at my LDS (United Divers in Somerville, MA - love 'em) and sleeping on whether to order an AquaPro Plus that USIA had in stock or a Techniflex that I'll have to wait a little while for, I pulled the trigger this morning on the Techniflex - black on black (looked good on kmitch), XL-Long, second cargo pocket, soft boots (huge UK size 13) and . . .ready for this? . . . HORIZONTAL FRONT ENTRY!!! :yeahbaby:

I really liked the horizontal front zipper on the AquaPro Plus (which is why I was mulling the in-stock suit) beacuse of its easy entry and almost zero stress on the zipper (a fact pointed out to me by Margaret at United Divers - who singlehandedly repairs most dry suits in Eastern Massachusetts). I hadn't seen this configuration on any other Techniflex suits posted here and the USIA website doesn't list it either. But Margaret pointed out that the option was listed on the order form she was working from and Jerry confirmed that it is available and will come with the velcro closure over the zipper (just like the Aquapro Plus).

So . . . now I just have to wait patiently while USIA makes my very own "tricked out" Techniflex!!! Gotta love American Made USIA!!!:D

Thanks Jerry, and everyone else who helped me arrive at this decision. I'll be sure to post pictures when it comes in.

- Rob

Cool-- I cant wait to see it. You'll love the suit. I am excited to tack on another 2 or 3 dives on mine this weekend.

Sounds like a pretty nice suit. It would be the first horizontal front entry Techniflex I've seen. Now the long wait begins......

Rich

Sounds like a pretty nice suit. It would be the first horizontal front entry Techniflex I've seen. Now the long wait begins......

Rich

Indeed!! It sounded like my suit will be among the first (the first?) with the horizontal front entry. I'm waiting for official word from Jerry as to my "bragging rights"!!

I'm told that USIA will be getting a shipment of BioFlex fabric in the next week or so, and that my suit will go into production after that. I'm hoping to be diving dry for the first week of December!:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom