ordered the Atom 2.0 today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SBP Studios

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
After a few weeks of deliberating between it and the Vt3 or Vytek I decided on the James Bondness of the small sized Atom.

Cant wait! Will def post my feedback on going hoseless once I have time to get wet with it.

We love our Atom's.
Just read the instruction manual on how to point the transmitter.

fppf:
We love our Atom's.
Just read the instruction manual on how to point the transmitter.

YOu mean to make it connect the first time?

The set should be already be programmed with the transmitters serial number, but thats also easy to change.

Its more an issue of location and orientation of the transmitter. Place it on the same side that you wear the atom.

fppf:
The set should be already be programmed with the transmitters serial number, but thats also easy to change.

Its more an issue of location and orientation of the transmitter. Place it on the same side that you wear the atom.

So are the really that sensitive that which side of the body it is worn on would matter?

Im curious if Suunto is the same way?

SBP Studios:
So are the really that sensitive that which side of the body it is worn on would matter?

Im curious if Suunto is the same way?

No. I wear my D9 on any wrist and the transmitter is on the left side of my reg. I can walk away for a few feet and still get a signal.

Cheers.

-J.-

No they are not that bad.
I wear mine on the left and have the transmitter on the right and it works fine. It only looses the link once in a while for a few seconds. But if I wear it on the right it never misses. It also works a few feet away on the surface.

At least with the oceanic you only need to link the pair once, not everytime the tank is turned off.

fppf:
No they are not that bad.
I wear mine on the left and have the transmitter on the right and it works fine. It only looses the link once in a while for a few seconds. But if I wear it on the right it never misses. It also works a few feet away on the surface.

At least with the oceanic you only need to link the pair once, not everytime the tank is turned off.

With the Suunto you need to do it each time?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom