Ordering a US navy dive manual?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TinoD'Voe

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've seen this available online, I'm not sure how up to date it is but I'm wondering if there is a way to order the US navy diving books? Just looking through the pages from the pdf its caught my interest. Definately a bit more "in-depth" than padi books. I think there's some important info that every diver should know.

no kidding, lol
I have the full us diving manual
if you have it, and the noaa diving manual you will have ALL of the information on decompression theory you will ever need, along with pretty much anything else you can think of
oper circuit scuba, surface supplied, diving bells, habitats, EVEYTHING

I think that everybody who is going to do any type of technical diving should have both of them
(probably cut down on stupid post too, lol)

Price isn't too bad, I've paid well over that amount for a university textbook, the difference is I'd actually read this book. Makes me wonder how the DAN stats would look if everyone was required to go through these books before getting certified?

TinoD'Voe:
Price isn't too bad, I've paid well over that amount for a university textbook, the difference is I'd actually read this book. Makes me wonder how the DAN stats would look if everyone was required to go through these books before getting certified?
Probably pretty good as the number of people likely to give up on the idea of certification would be a lot higher than it is now.

I've got the Navy manual and it is very complete.

Do you have to be in the navy to order one of these? Is there a way that I could purchase a printed copy?

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom