orlando area diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fredk

Contributor
Reaction score
Can any of you Florida divers supply me with any info on Orlando area diving? I have a client going there in mid Jan. and is thinking of doing some dives. Water temps. operators, and what to expect in the types of dives, he is a new diver advanced certified but very comfortable. Send me a pm Thanks Fred

I kind of like Blue Springs at Orange City. It's not too far from Orlando. You must be cavern or cave to carry lights though.

There aren't many places right in Orlando to go diving. You'll have to do a little driving to get to the good spots.

Just like USAF said, Blue Spring is nearby. It's about 40 miles from Orlando and a pretty cool dive. Along with their rule about lights, they don't allow solo diving. You've gotta have at least one other buddy to do any diving there. The only downfall to the actual diving is that the current is pretty strong coming out of the spring, and if you don't wash your gear right away it smells like a$$ :)

Aside from that it's a cool place to dive, only 5 bucks to get in and it's 72 degrees year round.

Here's a pretty good site for Florida Diving:

http://underwaterflorida.homestead.com/

I hope this helps you out!

Patrick

I kept looking back at my logbook, reading and re-reading, asked my buddy and she reassured me it was.

But every time I walked by my gear bag, I kept asking myself... "Why the heck did I go diving in that retention pond!?"

:bonk:

Maybe next time I won't wait a week to wash my gear off :D

Jiminy, I would not think it was Blue Spring water that did that... maybe you hit a uricline, but the water coming out of that spring is the finest ANYWHERE. It is the USA's highest volume spring (might be the world's) and it is phenominal. That being said, if you lest your gear in a pile wet (and in a trunk) it would be a no-brainer as to why it stank. Blue Spring is one of the only places where I do not feel a need to rinse gear afterwards.

I'm not sure what it was, but it was bad. There might have been something in the water that day. Both my buddy and I smelled something pretty rank as we were making our way to the exit at the swimming area. And it was only in that little stretch between the entrance and the exit. No problems at all at the actual head spring while we were diving. Once we were at the stairs and making our way out, we couldn't smell it any more.

'Course, it probably didn't help that I let my gear sit on the bathroom floor for a few days... fermenting.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm not gonna let a some stinky gear stop me from diving Blue Spring again. It's too cool of a dive for that :)

YUP!

A Uricline for sure...

Specially in the shallow exit with all the kiddies playing around.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom