Orlando area springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

svs

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Is it possible to dive solo in open water (no cave) of Blue or Alexander Springs (are any other in Orlando area?)

Not in Blue Springs for certain. I believe Alexander allows it.

I believe Alexander Springs is part of the state park system. If it is, then no solo.

Nothing else in the Orlando area. It's just too far south and inland.

Yeah, Alexander is within Ocala National Forest Property - hence the uber cheap cost.

Thank you all for the info. So, how it works? Can I come along with scuba stuff and try to find a buddy inside (or pretend I did)? How do they monitor? Will they through me out if any misunderstanding takes place?

Ya stick with a buddy. Blue springs is the only cavern I have inside of a 2 hour drive and I Always get the feeling that they don't like divers to begin with whenever I go there.

Thank you all for the info. So, how it works? Can I come along with scuba stuff and try to find a buddy inside (or pretend I did)? How do they monitor? Will they through me out if any misunderstanding takes place?
You haven't even stepped foot in Florida yet and you're trying to figure out ways to break our state park rules? Gee whiz, you sound like an asset to the community (sarcasm) :shakehead:

I've been to Florida on 7 or 8 occasions, did many boat dives and few solo shore dives. My plans for a coming trip are ocean dives as well. I just wanted to have some back up option in case of problems with unpredictable family and ocean. And for this reason I would like to be as self sufficient as possible. I guess I'll stick to federal property.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom