Osprey Beach Hotel & Dining in Grand Turk

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chidiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello Divers,
Looking for any feedback on this hotel and the diving in Grand Turk. We're considering Blue Water Divers and staying at this hotel for 10 days in the end of May. Main concerns are quality of diving, restaurant options, and overall cost. I remember Provo being expensive 10 years ago- I can't imagine it's gotten more affordable. How would you rate "value" of most restaurants? Thanks for the feedback.

I was at Osprey for a week in Feb.
Only one restaurant at Osprey, food is OK, but not cheap (most places aren't), and the service left a lot to be desired when we where there. I'd have to say food and service were quite better at Bohio on the 2 nights we dined there. But we had a nice stay, and the ground floor rooms (sooo close to ocean) served us well as we jumped back and forth between rooms a lot to have breakfast, share photos, etc.

I'm new to diving, I joined my brother-in-law and nephew there and did my OW certification (at Oasis) then joined him for rest of week (with Blue Water). Blue Water was very accommodating, small groups of divers and the DM was good. We did have the same DM for all dives, and I would have appreciated another, just to mix it up and have another POV. As a newbie, I would have benefited from a more thorough dive brief, but my guess it's just the low-key way of doing things in GT.

Diving was awesome. I don't have anything to compare it to, but from what I have gleaned and been told, this is one of the best places in caribbean.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Hi! I've stayed at Osprey Beach Hotel twice. The food at the hotel restaurant and bar is good, and the portions are large. I know the hotel buys fish fresh from the local fishermen. I often ordered a soup or salad at the bar, perhaps with an appetizer, and found that was more than enough until dinner.

Your best value is definitely the BBQ nights, as the buffet table of side dishes and salads is unlimited. The sample menu prices posted on the website are accurate - here's the link if it helps you. Osprey Beach Hotel - Dining

Yes, prices are a little more expensive in the Islands because all the groceries are flown in. If cost is your main consideration, consider requesting a room with a full kitchen and then walk over to Cee's grocery store to make your own meals. I think Cee's gets the majority of their groceries from Costco, so you should be in familiar territory.

There are several restaurants near Osprey Beach Hotel. For breakfasts, try the Saltraker just a few blocks away... the fish and grits is worth trying. Also, there's good burgers and conch fries to be had at the nearby Sand Bar open air restaurant.

If you pay attention to the cruise ship schedule, you can always visit the terminal for some classic American style food like Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville, etc.

Yes, the service is slower than in the US. But you're on Caribbean time. No one is in a hurry for anything. I think the island staff doesn't make eye contact as a way to show respect. So if you adjust your expectations, realize you're experiencing a different culture, and not try to take slow service personally, you'll have a great time.

I hope that helps!

Ditto on Sandbar. I had good food and drink there. Just a shack with a tiny bar and kitchen with a deck with some tables but a great place right over the waves. A good lunch or nightcap spot.

I enjoy my beer, and was pleased with both the Turks Head lager and a surprisingly good ale.

We stayed at Osprey and dove with Blue Water a couple years ago. No complaints. We bought stuff for breakfast at Cee's and then bounced around for lunch and dinner. The diving there is great and sooo easy. The boat (a skiff with never more than 6 divers) picked us up on the beach in front of our room each morning for the long 5 minute trip out to the reef. And all the diving is on the West (calm) side of the island. I'd rate Grand Turk diving in the top five in the Caribean and the viz is usually fantastic. If you go try to do the excursion to Gibb's Cay one afternoon to feed the sting rays (and drink rum punch on the beach there).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom