OT: Restaurant Recommendation in Monterey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Ben..Ive heard good things-Ill give it a whirl.

The Fishwife and I second Passionfish for romance

I actually like the BW deli. If you spend enough bucks there she gets nice :wink:

-Rosine's is great, their big burger hits the spot after a long day of diving
-Monterey Fish House is awesome. Expect a decent wait at busy times

I'm not a big fan of either Turtle Bay or Gianni's. They fall into the OK category for me. If I'm going to go through the trouble of stopping for a bite I want something better I guess...

I also like the Japanese restaurant above the pub at the wharf. Forget what it is called though.

Mark

Drewpy:
Yeah,a friendly bunch at the deli huh? I tried to talk to the owner who was out manning the pit about his BBQ (I have a nice smoker at home) what kind of wood,etc?
He wouldnt give me the time of day...

The British Bulldog is awesome for burgers and chicken sandwiches! Boddingtons
on tap!The british gals behind the bar are funny!

Why does diving make you soooo hungry!
Where is Turtle Bay located?

We refer affectionately to the person who works the counter as "the grumpy russian lady." She reminds me a lot of the soup nazi. "No sandwich for you!!!"

I'll add Pasta Mia in PG (on Lighthouse). Yummy, pasta made in-house, not too spendy and low touron quotient.

All the best, James

Ben_ca:
Has anyone tried that Thai rest near the aquarium?

They have soup which you can take to go... Tom Kah Ga... I believe. I'm told its yummy although haven't made it there yet.

There is another Thai restaurant at Marina near the Hwy 1 exit whose name escapes me. That place is AWESOME.

Went to PassionFish tonight.

Yum! Appetizer was smoked Sturgeon with dates, entrees were Tilapia and Trout. I liked the Tilapia very much.

Well except dessert is not really their strong point, skip the creme brulee IMO.

I've been trying to find a way to get El Torito to deliver to me on the beach at Macabee... I'm getting close... I asked for some nachos for me and my buddies SI snack to go... and dragged it out to the parking lot :)

Back
Top Bottom