Other divers asking for your footage

When other divers ask for access to your footage after a dive...

• I give it them no strings attached!

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • I give it to them if they promise proper attribution.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I give a downsampled version to them (lower resolution, lower quality audio)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All my footage? Well, maybe give them one or two clips but not everything.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I'll only give them footage in which they are themselves visible.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • No way I'm giving it! I need to protect what is mine.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I post it myself (Youtube, etc) and send them a link!

Votes: 18 46.2%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I post them myself, watermarked. If someone wants a low res upload, they're welcome to snag it for personal use. I don't bring my laptop, just memory cards and my hyperdrive, so it's not like they can even take them unless I give them a memory card, which ain't happenin'!!!!

I saw on another sight that someone had “removed the water Mark” when reposting someone else’s photo without giving credit. How low does this go?

There was/is a person going by the handles idivechick and Sarah who spammed every scuba and photo board promoting scubamagazine.net. He/she collected photos from several sites, cut off watermarks and even offered them for sale on his/her Photobucket account. His/her site is still up but I haven't looked at it for years so I don't know if they still do that.

I saw on another sight that someone had “removed the water Mark” when reposting someone else’s photo without giving credit. How low does this go?

Well, generally if you start at the ankles and work your way up to the knees, they tend to get the point before the baseball bat gets to their nether regions.... So pretty low.

Back
Top Bottom