OTS Guardian Full Face Mask and a Beard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GaryBDavis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any exprience diving the OTS Guardian with a thin beard? I tried one out in the bathtub (don't laugh, it's all I had) and it didn't seem to leak. This is a positive pressure mask and I didn't have a dive buddy or mirror to check for air bubble leaks. I'm going to on a checkout dive as I do anytime I make a major equipment change so I will find out next week. Guess I need to pack a "shave a beard" kit just in case.

I have a personal Guardian and a beard that I keep trimmed fairly thin and have no leak issue at all. The Guardian has the double seal that makes a definite difference. When I use the aga with our FD I just deal with the slow seep .

The double seal was one of the reason's I went OTS instead of AGA. AGA is probably more popular with FD/PSD, but it was the first one of it's kind. Guardian seems to be thought of as the "recreational" FFM, but that's what I am.

You will find many PSD teams retooling to Guardian My last PSD conference in October I spoke several teams that were using Guardian, my team uses Aga because we can recycle fire gear to the dive team as well as we are already set up with AGA. I personally purchased Guardian after a lot of research and went Guardian for the double seal, the push button release for the second stage regulator and the right side hose routing. I am a aga service tech for our dept and Guardian just made a lot of sense to me.

That's kind of what I suspected. I'm not FD or PD but I'm serving a as commisioner on our local ESD board. I see lot's of AGA stuff there.

So, you are offering to service my mask for cheap? :D

That's kind of what I suspected. I'm not FD or PD but I'm serving a as commisioner on our local ESD board. I see lot's of AGA stuff there.

So, you are offering to service my mask for cheap? :D
ah in a word

NO
:wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom