OUCH - Man speared in head

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah, thats all I can say, wow.

...where was his buddy?

btw... this is why I won't dive with someone using a speargun.

Spearpole yes.... speargun no.

On re-reading the article, it doesn't specifically say he was scuba diving - he may have been freediving or just snorkelling.

Shooting one's self in the head while solo spearfishing certainly deserves an honourable mention for the Darwin Awards doesn't it? He's very lucky not to have made it to being a candidate.

bengiddens,

I have to find out what kind of gun was used. I mean with something like that you'll never have an excuse, " my spear
bounced off!"

There are some big fish out there and get that kind of penetration was amazing.

BTW, the spearhead looks very much like a single barb hawiian sling spear. Maybe this guy was trying to off himself.

Uncle Pug, your right where was his buddy--on his stringer? You don't have to worry around me--I only shoot what I can eat and that camel doesn't look so good.

Kidding aside, that is one really lucky diver...although if that's his kind of good luck I don't want to see bad luck.

Regards,

Larry Stein

By the way, what is DIR policy on spearguns??? I'm sorry, but I had to ask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom