Our Dive Club has been threatened with a Lawsuit under RICO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Assuming you didnt get "arrested" on your subsiquent trips to Magnolia Rocks on July 2, 2005 and October 16, 2005, looks to me like you are in the clear!!

Also have you tried speaking with the locals or more specifically the individual in question? Maybe just a show of a little courtesy and respect (even if it's faked) will keep this monkey off your back. Ask them what you can do so that everyone is happy (like not peeing on their rose bushes, not leaving beer cans on their lawn or not diving too early in the morning... perhaps, drop 30 bucks in their mailbox) If you do chat with other neighbors perhaps the "emailer" is known as a "know it all", "nosey neighbor" with the Local P.D. on speed dial anyway.

Might as well call the cops before you dive there again, just to get the low down. Let them know you will be there, are a good group, dont want trouble and are reasonably sane.

This is what makes me want to plan as many boat dive with my loud obnoxious friend's as possible to my new favorite dive spot magnolia rocks. Time to raft up the redneck yacht club and spend the day. preferably when he has guests out to the estate:bang: :bang: :bang:

No members reported any further problems. It appears that part of the area is public & part private - not sure which is which. We'll have to look into it

We've posted our dives planned for 2006 :D

So far it looks like we are scheduled to dive the same site every single day :wink:

I've been busy with the house, haven't been back here in a while
Thanx for the input & comments

Sorry ofr posting so late I was there for the June 19 dive the guy came out yelling and screaming, threatend to call the police and he did. I spoke to local p/d he said guy is a pain in the ***** and i constantly calling on divers. He thinks he owns the street all the way to the entrance to the site entrance and I think he said he owns the water too.

I tried to talk to Mr. Magnolia but to no avail I quess he just hates divers.....
Must be because he wants to be one and cant

http://massbaydivers.com/
A.O.W.

KK13:
Sorry ofr posting so late I was there for the June 19 dive the guy came out yelling and screaming, threatend to call the police and he did. I spoke to local p/d he said guy is a pain in the ***** and i constantly calling on divers. He thinks he owns the street all the way to the entrance to the site entrance and I think he said he owns the water too.

I tried to talk to Mr. Magnolia but to no avail I quess he just hates divers.....

A.O.W.

If this guy yells and screams and the cops do nothing....perfect....just what he deserves. Once you know more details - i.e. - where this guy owns and where we can access - please post here. I'm sure this guy has been successful in getting rid of some divers who did not know any better.

--Matt

He opened his mouth to the cop and to another group of divers none of us left, the cop just asked us to leave when we where through diving and not to have any confrontation with him. After the dive he was just sitting there waiting for us to leave we packed up our gear and left with no words exchanged

KK13:

A.O.W.

It sounds like the chucklehead that bought property in Kittery, near Chauncy Creek restaurant. After she (I think t'was a she) moved in she complained about the restaurant patrons parking on the street, like they've been doing for years. Dontcha know that she had paid beaucoup bucks for her la-di-da view and she did not want it freaking ruined by a bunch of bloody tourists. I know not for sure where she came from but I'll bet it was the Commywealth.

Update: He is still up to his tricks. He actually sent his lawyer to our club meeting tonite. He has money to burn. I guess he didn't like our Dive schedule for the year:
Check it out: select dive schedule from the drop down & look at April's schedule:D

We have his letter posted on our Web-site as a warning to people about the problems
He sent the letter to our club, now he doesn' tlike the fact it was made public
So we are supposed to warn our members, but can't tell them why

His lawyer brought plans with him which CLEARLY show it is LEGAL to dive at the site
Which proved our point
It is legal to dive at the site, there is private property, but they can't sop you from diving

We'll be updating our dive schedule now that we have planned our Dive schedule for the year.

Good to hear the Police can't stnd him, just keep it legal diving there & don't be confrontational. Ignore him totally is my opinion

OK i do understand is legal diving there, but in order to get get to the dive site do you have to cross his property?

No, you do not have to cross private property to dive there

Back
Top Bottom