Our Dive Club has been threatened with a Lawsuit under RICO

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CA...when me and you dove there I think he came over...and was nothing but pleasant...Also...I agree with your pin placements...

Tom Winters:
It's also against Massachusetts state law to drive a car with a gorilla in the back seat, and I bet that you people pack your backseats with great apes every chance you get.

what about the front seat?

I have to go with Scuba North and Bonairetrip on this one. Instead of escalating the situation, and giving your club a bad name, I would suggest talking to the man. Start by contacting his lawyer, and tell him that you would like to arrange to have a conversation with the property owner. Since it sounds as if there are those who use the area, and leave trash and burned wood behind, you really can't blame him for being upset. Are the divers keeping the noise level down, or are they rowdy and crude? Maybe if you asked him exactly why he is so upset with divers entering the water at Magnolia Rocks he would give a better reason than "private property." To help put your club, and divers in general, in a better light in his eyes, and the eyes of the police, it may be a good idea to organize something like a dive site clean up day. Make sure you put THAT on your website. It all boils down to mutual respect. Many folks misdirect their anger/frustration, and do counter-productive things like screaming and calling the police. Why have you let him suck you into his game? Have you tried to have a civil discussion with him, or do you simply antagonize the man? If you do everything you can to become the civilian "police" to assure the peaceful use and preservation of a favorite dive site, the property owners may welcome (or at least tolerate) you.

If a courteous, pro-active approach doesn't work, I can arrange to come up to MA on my boat for a weekend. My stereo system has a powerful amplifier, and a kick-***** sub-woofer that can dislodge your fillings! Just kidding........... go with the humble "We don't mean any harm" attitude. The best way to piss off a truly nasty person is to be EXTRA polite. Now that would drive him crazy!

lord1234:
CA...when me and you dove there I think he came over...and was nothing but pleasant...Also...I agree with your pin placements...

I'm a tellin' ya...... This is exactly what I have heard about him in the past, follow the rules and he is a gentleman. Pick a fight and he is bound to give you one. I like that map system that is sweet, I've never seen that one before.

P

Your response to our request that you leave was even more unacceptable. This is when you could have cleared the air, and altered the future. If someone verbally or physically "flipped him off," you blew an opportunity to defuse the situation. Even if you don't think you and your buddies have been wrong, it seems like it's time to suck-it-up and try to make peace.

You might even invite a representative from the police dept so they can see that you are trying to be good neighbors.

ClassAction:
Just so we're all on the same page:
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?....712167_Entry_~aN.42.572400_-70.712273_Entry_

I think I placed the (2) on the path, but the picture isn't all that clear.
I've seen people enter/exit at (3), (4) and (5) (or there about).

After seeing the map, I am now confused. If there is a road between his house and the water, given that roads are usually placed on property lines, and given the typical roadway easement of 66 feet (at least hereabouts), how can he claim to own down to the water line?

Ken

ClassAction:
Just so we're all on the same page:
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?....712167_Entry_~aN.42.572400_-70.712273_Entry_

I think I placed the (2) on the path, but the picture isn't all that clear.
I've seen people enter/exit at (3), (4) and (5) (or there about).

Folks from other part of the country are going to look at that surf crashing and think "and the homeowner is the crazy one?" Got to look at Norman's Woe from this view it must look like a death wish if the same conditions exist.

I really can't believe this! Unless you are trashing this guys property what is his beef with you diving infront of it. He does not own the ocean. Except maybe unless he's one of the Kennedy's. As long as public land is being used to access this site and no one is actually trespassing on his land ignore him. Do not get confrontational but simply treat his presence as you would a rock. Just because he has money does not give him the right to dictate public policy and acccess. I really like the 7 club dive event!
On the other hand what is he doing that he may not want anyone to see? Has anyone considered that? Got a situation local where some idiot bought a condo,not a house but a friggin condo where you have to abide by their rules for over 250G's and now the developer is building another unit right in front of his. It was in the original plans for the development but this idiot thinks he can stop it. Serves him right for shelling out that kind of dough for an APARTMENT! I could never live in a neighborhood like that. I'd have pink flamingos and those cutouts of the farmers wife bent over on the lawn. I have no problem with rich people. I do have one with rich idiots who think their money puts them above everyone else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom