Our Next "Norte" - and it's a strong one!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Christi

PADI MSDT/Former CZM Dive op owner
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Looks like a strong norte coming through Monday and Tuesday! Windguru is showing NW, N and NE winds upwards of 35 - 40mph! I am willing to bet no one will be participating in aquatic activities these two days. I am sure Dave is preparing for the East side, but I am not sure if these conditions are even favorable for those dives - Dave will have to answer that one :)

1.3.14.jpg

Dear Christi,

Yes, it looks strong but the wind angle looks…not too bad". That will probably prevent eastside dives, but maybe the prt may be open for larger boats at least. If you look at he stars below the predictions you will see 3…that means they have a strong confidence. BUt again, just a few degrees of shift may make a big difference so be sure and dive Sunday and Monday morning then stand by

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

Thanks for the heads-up Christi, but bummer. There are only so many days I can dive while here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Eileen

Hope no one misses any diving...

That said, I'd kill for a Cozumel norte right now. We have the same wind-strength with predictions of Monday getting windchills down to -50 F. Ugh. And work has decided cold is not a reason to get to work from home, despite having to walk 3/4 of a mile in from the parking lot.

Hope no one misses any diving...

That said, I'd kill for a Cozumel norte right now. We have the same wind-strength with predictions of Monday getting windchills down to -50 F. Ugh. And work has decided cold is not a reason to get to work from home, despite having to walk 3/4 of a mile in from the parking lot.

We were going to fly that way in a few days but if there is going to be a Norte I guess we will just stay home. NOT!

Another option is to dive the cenotes. Set up a trip through your dive op, or you can even freestyle by taking the ferry to playa, the collectivo to dos ojos, and get tanks and a guide there. Be on the first ferry and you can be back before sundown.

I hope this is milder than anticipated, but I do have one request:

Get this El Norte crap out of the way NOW, please, before we come down in February...

Oh, and Dave... don't forget the suggestions from that other thread. Swedish Bikini Team/Chipendales Boys providing massages?

Thanks Christi and Dave.How does it look for tomorrow(Saturday)? Heard that it may not be good tomorrow.

tomorrow should be fine…go diving!

dave dillehay
Aldora Divers

Back
Top Bottom