Our Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral-Reefer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It is very warm today... about 80. We dove Santa Rosa Wall on the first dive and saw a huge nurse shark as soon as we got to depth. 2nd dive was Las Palmas. No turtles yet but Blanca found and killed a lionfish around 8 or 9" long. Saw barracuda, a buried skate, stingray, a couple of huge parrotfish, many gray angels, a pretty big queen trigger that seemed to appear right in front of us, so we waved to him! Found a small flatworm, couple of eels. 80' on the first dive (80 degrees), 2nd dive was about 60' (78 degrees)??. Very little current at Santa Rosa so we were able to spend a lot of time looking for stuff. Las Plamas was pretty rippin' at the begining but settled a little on the 2nd half of the dive. Blanca's new boat (Little Shark) is awesome... like Shamu but bigger. Her capitan, Franklin, was very good, but doesn't speak English very well. SI was at the Money Bar with some awesome nachos pollo that the 4 of us split. No rush on the SI or the boat or the dives... very relaxing. We were VERY happy with the boat and Blanca's abilities. She was pointing out some pretty small stuff that I couldn't believe she found.

Last night we hit Wet Wendy's and Tim and I drank WAY too much tequila but did okay on the dives. We will tame it down tonight and the rest of the week. I have to go shower as Ashlyn is RED TO GO to town!

Started at Wet Wendy's. Chad, Carla, Frank, et al have done a great job with the place. The bar is bigger, kind of shifted 90 degrees clockwise and much bigger. But, they have somewhow been able to maintain the intimacy of the place. It is still very easy for everyone to become friends very quickly. The food is "muy rico" as before. BLING is now to the left instead of behind the bar with a much expanded selection.

Chad and a couple of friends were playing some awesome jazz with a lot of improv thrown in tonight. The shrimp and crab nachos KILLED and there was some fresh conch thrown in. Unbeleivable.

After that we headed to Panchos Backyard for a great dinner as usual. Ashlyn had a great tenderloin kabob, I had mahi cooked onthe little grill two different ways and I could not choose between them as they were both so good. Afterwars we were treated to a private tequila and liquor tasting outside the ristorante which was a ton of fun and helped with our walk back to the house.

Hit MEGA on the way back for ribeyes, etc. for a dinner tomorrow (or the next day, who knows) and tried to buy beer. NO BEER ON SUNDAYS! AARRGGHHH! Whatever, we will get it tomorrow.

The weather is perfect, no mosquitos, cool breeze through the house, very quiet. Time for bed with dreams of another perfect day tonorrow in paradise.

Back
Top Bottom