Over $30,000 in Free diver gear and trips at Bonne Terre Mine's treasure Hunt.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rescue Tape is happy to announce our sponsorship for the Bonne Terre Mine Treasure Hunt! This is already a very cool dive event, and now every person that signs up will get a FREE roll of Rescue Tape with their participation. While we hope that all your dives are safe and incident-free, sometimes emergencies happen and for those times there's Rescue Tape. Rescue Tape is self-fusing, works without heat or adhesive, and even fuses under water. Quickly repair leaky hoses and pipes in emergencies, waterproof electrical connections, or even use it over an injury to stop the bleeding. We're happy to support the Treasure Hunt by contributing a roll towards everyone's save-a-dive kit. Sign up for the Treasure Hunt, and get a roll for free! Ask for Rescue Tape by name at your local dive shop - We're distributed through Trident Diving. :D

We hope you all have a fantastic dive at Bonne Terre Mine!

Hi Daveytrackels,

I'll be glad to explain it to you.
The mine
Bonne Terre Mine is a very unique diving enviornment. You go underground.... The ceilings are about 70-80 ft tall. The underground (above water) area is about the size of a couple of football fields. There are lights everywhere and we also offer walking tours on lite paths throughout the mine. You walk about an 1/8 of a mile to the dock. Tanks and weights are already on the dock. You just bring your gear. We have a HUGE underground lake, with over 500,000 watts of stadium lighting directly above the water. Those lights give us 100+ ft visibility at all times. We offer over 25 guided underwater trails and you literally dive back into history. The miners left a lot of their gear, which is now underwater with ore carts, a train, tracks etc. Trails are not offered during this event. We do have a trail special for the foloowing Sunday.
The Event
There are several places in the mine that have a flat rock bottom between 30-40ft. We use 4 of them for this event.
You'll be assigned to a group and your group will search for differant color tokens in two seperate areas during your first dive. We have staff underwater replenishing the tokens before each groups dive so everyone has the same opportunity. Your group will go to the "Bank" where your tokens are counted and you'll get an auction book. The auction book details all the donations. You'll exit the mine, visit vendors chat with 170+ divers and wait about 2 hours for your groups second dive. You'll search two differant areas for tokens and again go to the bank and have your tokens counted.

The Auction
After the last dive, we host a BBQ and hold an live auction. Divers use their tokens (no cash allowed) to bid on the donated prizes. We have over $30,000 in donated prizes. Dive trips, advanced classes from shops around the country, dive gear, dive clothing, live a board trips etc.
We've got so many sponsors that this year EVERYONE will win prizes that have a retail value of $75.00
You can check out all the donations, see pictures and read comments from last years participants at;
Bonne Terre Mine Treasure Hunt - Donor Prizes
If you have any more questions, please reply to this thread and be happy to respond

Once again, Sunset House has teamed up with the Caymn Islands Department of Tourism and Cayman Airlways to be the Grand Prize sponsor! Accommodations, Diving, Airfare and more to your favorite Hotel for Divers, by Divers!

We wish the event much success!

Hi Keith,
Once again, thank you for sponsoring our event. It's fun to watch the divers use the tokens they dound to bid on your donation. The event has become so popular and we have so many sponsors, that everyone will win a prize valued at $75.00.

Look forward to seeing you guys at the event again this year.

Dive RAID Training (RAID | Learn to Scuba Dive RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW!) is please to sponsor 2 Open Circuit and Two Rebreather course registrations, crew paks and C-cards for the lucky winners.

RAID is an on-line eLearning training programme, with practical training at RAID Dive Centres form beginners all the way through to instructor trainers for Open Circuit and Recreational Rebreathers.

This is not the common on-line programme, this is so much more!

Me and a couple buddies are going to make the 9 hour trip, sounds like a good time should be worth the trip. If I win a prize it will be a bonus....

How was last years event, and how many events have you held?

Back
Top Bottom