Overexposure for Sea Life Dragon external flash

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lawyergrif

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
i recently received a sea life dragon external flash to use with my sea life camera. While testing above water and under water, the pictures come out very dark. I have adjusted the setting on the external flash from automatic to 10 to 1 and it is still dark. Should I be doing something with the actual camera? Thanks for any help!

i recently received a sea life dragon external flash to use with my sea life camera. While testing above water and under water, the pictures come out very dark. I have adjusted the setting on the external flash from automatic to 10 to 1 and it is still dark. Should I be doing something with the actual camera? Thanks for any help!

Could be one of several things, but posting some sample images always helps with this sort of thing. But to start troubleshooting, do you have the camera set to external flash auto mode and the flash settting (in the camera, not on the flash itself) on auto (not macro)? If not, test with these settings (above ground) and with the flash itself on 10. Also, and just to be sure, the strobe is firing when you press the shutter button, correct? Oh, and make sure the batteries are fully charged.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom