Overnight in Trinidad on way to Tobago

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakay

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Where should we overnight in Trinidad on the way to and from Tobago.
One flight gets to Trinadad at 9:30 pm and the other leaves Trinidad at 7:49am for the US.
I'm concerned about the traffic and a place to eat in Trinidad.
Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.

Where should we overnight in Trinidad on the way to and from Tobago.
One flight gets to Trinadad at 9:30 pm and the other leaves Trinidad at 7:49am for the US.
I'm concerned about the traffic and a place to eat in Trinidad.
Any advise would be helpful. Thanks.

There is a holiday inn express near the air port. A little pricey but they have a shuttle and you don't want to go cheep on the accommodation Near that airport. Also the odds of getting something to eat at 9:30 in the caribbean are slim. I would pack some dinner or fill up before the fight.

Thanks Allan. Made those reservations. Great tip about eating at that time.

About 6 years ago before we started diving but did snorkel I had to go to Suriname for a week of work. It was around 4th of July, Trinidad was the last place any US airlines went. Anyway me and my wife wanted to go to Tobago to snorkel, I arranged for about 4 day layover in Trinidad on my way back. My wife arrived in Trinadad in the evening and I was arriving the next morning from Suriname. I googled alot and the nearby motels weren't recommended, a more popular solution was many people in Trinidad rented rooms in their homes. They picked up my wife the evening she arrived there and the next morning delivered her to the airport where we met for our flight to Tobago. On the return trip we both spent the nite in the home she had stayed in and were returned to the airport in the morning for our flight back to the states.
Tobago was an awesome experience for snorkling and chillin. We stayed in Casteries at the Beach House. It was about 30 yards above the water on the side of a hill, the whole front was open to the water view. You could barely see the place from the shore because of all the foilage around it. From the living room which was completely open, no windows or screens but shutters that would close at nite, you had a view of beach and water but no other buildings around you. It's been described as a Robinson Curuso? experience and was, you felt like you were the only ones there. All types of jungle birds would fly in to eat out of the many bird feeders. Unfortunatly now that we dive and the diving is on the other side of the island and is a little more advanced we probably won't return unless to stay at Beach House and snorkle.

Allan-heading to Manta Lodge for a week. Hope it is good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom